Chapter 7

Raphael soon woke up in a soft bed, he was covered up and could actually breathe. The turtle heard a beeping sound and knew it was a monitor, when he moved he could feel the tubes in him. Raph felt terrified, he wanted someone to be at his side so he knew that everything was okay. The turtle closed his eyes and listened for any kind of noise, but it was quiet. Raph's heart raced, he was blind and it was quiet, this is what terrified him the most.

The door opened and someone rushed to his side, Raphael opened his eyes. "I'm here Raph, I'm here." Donnie told his brother as he gently touched Raph's hand. "Calm down, I'm right here."

Raphael relaxed and tried to sit up, but was stopped by Donatello. "D-Donnie..."

"Raph, stay down." Donatello instructed his brother with a sad sigh, "You need to get better."

Raphael laid back down and gently touched Donnie's hand with his other. "Donnie, where is everyone?"

"They're sleeping, would you like me to stay with you?" Donatello said as he knelt at the bedside next to his brother.

"Yeah...I don't want to be alone anymore." Raphael replied, Donatello could see that Raphael was truly broken. Raph sighed softly as Donnie carefully covered him up some more.

"How about I read to you." Donnie suggested with a soft smile, "Would you like that?"

Raphael smiled softly and relaxed, he nodded at his brother. "Can you read me a comic?"

"Of course." Donatello replied as he squeezed his brother's hand, "Want me to make you a stuffed animal too?" Raph blushed and he looked away, he felt embarrassed.

"Um...never mind..." Raphael whispered as tears filled his eyes, he wondered what his family would think of him if they knew just how broken he was.

"Raph, I'm serious." Donatello replied, "It would help you not feel alone, and nobody will say a word about it." Donatello gently squeezed Raphael's hand and sighed softly. "It's all going to be okay."

"I want a stuffed bear." Raphael told him with a small smile, "Thanks Don."

Donnie smiled at his big brother, "You're welcome, and don't worry about anything." Donatello hugged his big brother, "We'll take care of you and help you heal completely."

Raphael hugged back and relaxed, a huge smile forming on his face. "You guys are the best." After a while, Donnie pulled back and left the room to get started on the teddy bear.

The others soon woke up and headed downstairs to see Donatello in his lab. Donnie had a stack of comics at his side and was making a teddy bear. "Um, Donnie, why are you making a stuffed animal?"

"It's for Raph." Donatello replied as he looked to his loved ones with sad eyes, "I don't think he'll ever be the same again." Everyone looked at Donnie with disbelief.

"Don, what do you mean?" Casey asked with worry.

Donatello sighed softly as he finished making the teddy bear, then he motioned for everyone to follow him up the stairs silently. Once they reached the top, they headed for Raphael's room and waited outside as Donnie walked in. Donatello sat down at Raphael's side and gave him the teddy bear, then he read to Raphael until Raph fell asleep. The others walked in as Donnie checked his wounds.

"He didn't even attack when you gave him the teddy bear." Pete said with shock, "What did they do to him?"

"Tortured him until he broke." Donatello replied as he gently touched Raph's hand. "He told me that he didn't want to be alone anymore, someone will have to be in here until he's himself again."