Chapter 3

The next day, Raphael headed to the kitchen for breakfast. It was silent and this made Raphael nervous. He took in a deep breath as he stepped into the kitchen, hoping that his family was there. Raphael suddenly felt someone grab his shoulders.

"BOO!" Casey Jones yelled before Raphael flipped him, "OW!"

Raph immediately let go, "Casey, do NOT do that to me." Raphael said as he tried to calm his heartbeats.

"Dude, why did you flip me?" Casey groaned as he got up and rubbed his arm.

"It's too quiet and I panicked." Raphael admitted, putting his face in his hands, "I hate being blind."

"Nobody is in the room." Casey said, "They're doing silent training."

Casey looked at Raphael and saw how terrified he was. "Raph, they didn't tell you...did they?"

"Nobody did." Raphael replied as he lifted his head and wiped away a tear. Casey pretended not to notice it.

"Dude, maybe we can talk to them about it." Casey suggested, "You eat, I'm gonna go speak with them."

"Then I'll look weak." Raphael snarled, Casey felt sympathetic towards his best friend.

"Raph, you are shaking." Casey gently touched Raph's shoulder, "One of us has to tell them."

Raphael sighed softly, he felt uncomfortable about it, just then he felt somebody touch his shoulder. "Raph, we would have told you if we had known you'd panic." Leonardo told his little brother.

"Thanks Leo..." Raphael said softly as he hugged his big brother. Everybody was in shock at Raphael's gesture, but Leo happily accepted it.

Leonardo rubbed Raphael's shell and waited for a bit before Raph pulled away. "Are you okay?" Leonardo asked worriedly as he touched Raph's shoulder.

"I'm just a bit shaky is all..." Raphael replied, he hated sounding weak.

Leonardo smiled at his brother, "Don't worry, we'll be in the do-jo." Leonardo replied, "Call us if you need us."

"Thanks Fearless." Raphael replied as he opened the fridge and felt around. Casey and Leo watched for a bit before leaving Raph alone.

"I'm worried," Casey told Leo, "maybe we should watch him..." The two were talking as they entered the do-jo.

"Guys," Donatello scolded as he got up and hobbled over to Leo and Casey, "he's fended for himself and managed to take care of us before, the only difference is now we know he's blind."

Master Splinter approached the boys, "If Raphael needs your help then he will come to you, but do not baby him."

"Yeah, he'll be fine." Michelangelo said, "He always is."

Casey frowned, "Alright, but what about missions, patrol, and training?"

Leonardo thought on it, then he shrugged. "We'll let him be, it is not fair to him if we begin to baby him when he's already been taking care of himself since he could walk and talk."

April gently touched Donnie's shoulder and smiled, "I understand that you guys are worried, but Raphael is tough." April told them, "He's saved lives, battled, and he even keeps his room spotless." She gave the turtles a smile, "He's blind and that could be dangerous, but he's teaching himself how to live without his sight."

"I'm still going to help him." Donatello replied with determination, "I hate that he's blind and if he doesn't hear an intruder come in...he might end up-"

"Ahem." Everybody looked to see Raph leaning against the door frame, "I'll be fine, do you really think I do anything without my own precautions?" Raphael raised an eyebrow, "If I can't hear or see, then I can smell." Raphael shrugged, "Plus, nobody else knows that I'm blind."