All The Losses

*Hermione*

I woke up and couldn't remember my surroundings. I tried to sit up, but was blocked by someone's arm. I looked down to see Severus sleeping peacefully and I laid back down. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I carefully picked up his arm off of me and got up off the bed.

I grabbed my bag and went to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and waited for it to get hot. I undressed and looked at my face in the mirror. The side effects from my meds showing. I stepped into the hot shower and started to wash my hair. I lathered up my hair and rinsed it. I ran my fingers through it to get out any knots, but all I got was hair. I screamed.

*Severus*

I woke up to find the bed empty, but the shower was on. I didn't mind. Last night was the first night I fell asleep without any nightmares.

I got up off the bed and stretched, my back popping in the process. I went to the kitchen and started the coffee. Then I heard it.

A blood-chilling scream from the bathroom. I ran to the bathroom and opened the door.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I asked quickly. All I heard was her sobs. Then, with her pale hand, she put it outside the shower curtain. Her hand was full of hair. She stopped the water and grabbed her towel from beside the shower. She came out wrapped in the towel and kept pulling out her hair.

"Look at me. I'm hideous!" She sobbed. I hugged her from behind.

"No you aren't. You're beautiful." I said, kissing her on the cheek.

"But my hair. And I look like a fragile stick. I'm so skinny, none of my smallest clothes will fit anymore." She said, tears running down her face. I turned her around and wiped her tears.

"I don't think so. You are beautiful. Anyone can see that." I said, then I placed a quick and gentle kiss on her soft, pink lips.

"I'm gonna go and let you get dressed." I said. I walked out, thinking about what she said. She is beautiful. Then I made up my mind.

I'm going to make a potion to cure her cancer. If it's the last thing I do...