Making A Few Phone Calls

Caleb's POV.

As I am walking to the bedroom, I see something on the floor by the front door. I walk towards it and look at it.

It's a rope.

Why the hell is a rope on the floor and how did I miss it?

Was Hanna trying to do something? Like, maybe, arts and crafts? But what could she possibly be doing with rope? Why is it just on the floor? Was she going somewhere and she just suddenly dropped it and forgot about it? But I think she would know if she dropped the rope and knew it was missing from her grip. Why the fuck is there rope on the floor?

I start to look around the rope, trying to see if there's anything else.

Then, my eyes land on something that makes more questions run through my mind. A piece of gray tape on the floor, right next to the rope.

I stare at the rope and look at the piece of tape again.

Then, a thought comes running through my head that makes my heart speed up and my body to panic.

Did Hanna get kidnapped?

She couldn't of, right? But it is a possibility.

Should I call someone? Or should I just wait around and see? Leaving, when there's a good chance that the one person I love more than anything in this world is in danger, was not an option.

My head started to spin and my heart was ready to rip out of my chest.

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and dialed Hanna's number. I hear a ringing going off in the living room and walk towards it. She left her phone here.

I quickly dialed 911.

"This is 911, how may I help you?" The person on the other line speaks.

"Hi, my name is Caleb Rivers and I think my girlfriend got kidnapped." I say in a rushed pace.

"Okay, Caleb, how long has she been missing?" The 911 lady asks me.

"I-I don't know. I left her- well she left me- but it was earlier yesterday, around 11 a.m. maybe?" I tell her.

"You haven't seen or talked or had any contact with her since yesterday?" The lady asks me.

"Urm, that's correct." I replied. I knew that it sounded crazy. It probably just sounds like a couple that broke up.

"Sir, just because you haven't had any contact with her in a few hours does not mean that she got kidnapped." She tells me.

"Do you have any proof that she got kidnapped?" She asks again.

"Well, I came to her apartment, you know to check up on her, but she wasn't here and there was a piece of tape and rope by the front door and it was on the floor." I tell her.

"Okay, I understand your concern sir but there's no proof that she was kidnapped. She could've been using that tape and rope for anything." She tells me.

"Well can't you do anything? Like maybe a sign saying she's missing?" I ask, desperate.

"Since she has only been missing for a little over 24 hours, we can't do a proper search. She would need to be missing for 48 hours with no contact with anyone." She says, with sorrow in her voice.

"Please. I love her and I'm so worried about her. She left to go and visit her friend and-and I just really love her. I can't have anything happen to her. So, please, anything will help." I beg.

"I can only put up a poster of her on the 'missing' board in the police department. I am truly sorry." The lady apologizes.

"That's... that's fine. Anything will help." I reply to the lady.