I sighed and thought about what I was going to say to him.

I got up and made my way to the empty seat next to him. I pulled the seat out and he didn't even turn his head to look at me as he seemed to be doing other work for another class.

"Uh, it's Grant, right?" I said, getting his attention.

He turned his head to me and that's when I saw it was the guy that I bumped into in the hallway.

I frowned. "Oh, it's you."

He raised his eyebrows. "Don't sound too happy."

I crossed my arms. "The sarcasm is not needed."

He shrugged. "Well, it's a part of me."

I put my hands out. "I didn't come here to argue."

He narrowed his eyes. "Then what?"

I came closer to him and spoke lowly. "I...I need a tutor."

He scoffed. "You want me to believe that the most popular girl in school can't get someone else to tutor her?"

I scrunched my eyebrows. "I haven't asked anyone else...apart from my friends."

"Why me?"

"Someone told me that you were the smartest guy at...everything so, you have to be smart in trigonometry, right?"

He gave me an intense stare and I backed up realizing that I was still pretty close to him.

"Why are you staring at me?"

He relaxed his face as he realized he was staring. "Okay, I'll tutor you."

I widened my eyes. "Really? That's great! Thank-"

He cut me off. "But if I'm gonna tutor you you have to be on my schedule. I'm not gonna wait for you to get out of a party or whatever you popular people do, got it?"

I bit back on my comment I was gonna make. If I'm gonna need a tutor I have to be nice.

"Okay, fine, whatever."

The bell rang just then and I grabbed my stuff and so did he and we made our way out still discussing the plans.

"Okay, so if we're gonna be on your schedule tell me what days you want to tutor me."

He looked over, surprised that I was still here. "You're still here? Aren't you worried you'll ruin your social status being seen with me?"

People were starting to stare at us as we made our way to his locker, I'm assuming but I didn't care.

I clenched my jaw. "No. What I'm worried about is my grade so, it would be great if you just cooperate."

We stopped at a locker that I figured was his. "Well, obviously not today so, how about tomorrow? And Wednesdays and Thursdays?"

I looked skeptical. "What time?"

He thought about it. "Four-thirty?"

I shook my head. "We can't do that. I'll be in cheer practice at that time, tomorrow and Thursdays."

He sighed, getting the stuff he needed out of his locker. "I told you, you need to be on my schedule. I have a life too, you know?"

"Yeah? Well, I do too and I can't do it at that time. What about five-twenty?"

"I don't know..."

I pleaded. "Please, Grant. You're my only hope at this point and I really do need the help."