Chapter Sixteen

(I apologize for the long wait. Thank you to all of you who keep encouraging me!)

Someone's playing with my hair. I keep my eyes closed and try to keep my breathing steady. A small chuckle escapes the body next to me, "I can tell you're awake."

I smile, turning around to face my mate, "I'm still tired." He smiles back, "You've been asleep for like an entire day." "Did you stay with me?" I ask, brushing my thumb across his chin and feeling the small stubble. "Every moment," he whispers, reaching forwards to kiss me.

It's light and gentle and comforting. It wasn't like how our other kisses were. It was soft and loving. I press my lips to his and he pulls away shortly after, running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry I left with Kristen yesterday," I mumble, closing my eyes. "I was angry, but that's not important anymore," he replies, lifting my chin up so that I open my eyes. I stare into his and let myself feel happy.

"Are you okay?" he asks, and I nod. "Right now I'm perfectly fine," I respond, grabbing onto Jason's hand. I intertwine our fingers, and he rubs the pad of his thumb along the side of my hand.

We don't speak for what feels like forever, but nothing is wrong. Everything is comfortable and peaceful. I wish it could always be like this. Maybe we'd be a better pair without all the alpha responsibilities, but the pack needed him. The pack needed us.

He breaks the silence, "You're beautiful." I roll my eyes but smile anyways, "Thank you. You're beautiful too." He laughs, "Oh, that's not the best word to describe an alpha male." I giggle, "What're you gonna do about it, beautiful?" He growls playfully, grinning the whole time, before rolling on top of me.

I squeal when he starts to tickle me, "Jason!" He continues the torture, and I laugh wildly. I manage to push him off of me and jump off the bed, running to the door. I hear his footsteps, and I run down the hallway. I feel his presence close behind me, and leap into the people filled kitchen.

I yelp as Jason's arms wrap around my waist, pulling me close to him, "I've got you now." I giggle, leaning into him and feel a light kiss pressed to the top of my head.

I look up to see the pack admiring us with soft whispers and warm smiles. "Good morning Alpha and Luna," a little girl says, and choruses of greetings fill the kitchen. "Morning," Jason says, raising a hand to wave and I smile at all of the pack members.

A little hand tugs on my pants and I look down to find Julian with a huge grin on his face, "Luna!" I grin right back, bending down to greet him, "You look great!" He giggles, "Doctor Maya says I'm all healed." I wrap my arms around him, "That's fantastic. I'm so glad you're feeling better." He smiles, before taking off to find some of the other pack children.

I stand up, and Jason puts an arm around my shoulder. I look around the room and find Kristen and Sebastian hiding out in the corner. They seem to be in the middle of a heated argument, and I nudge Jason. "What?" he whispers. I nod my head to the fighting couple. Jason's mouth turns downwards, but he doesn't look to be surprised.

"You know what's going on with them," I say, raising an eyebrow. My mate sighs, "Yes." I give him and expecting look and he shakes his head, "Not here." I frown, grabbing his hand, "Let's go then." He nods, pulling me in the direction of his office.

We enter, and I take a seat on the couch. Jason chooses the spot next to me, and I wait for him to start explaining. He sighs, running a hand through his already messy hair.

"They've been fighting non-stop since she got back to the pack house. Initially he was angry because she stole his car, which I understand for a little bit. Then of course, I was furious when you two left, and I might've taken it out on him a little.." Jason says, pausing. I nod for him to continue. "When Kristen retuned without you and repeating that she couldn't say what had happened, I was pissed to say the least. Before I left to get you, they couldn't stop arguing about responsibly and helping to lead the pack as betas. I think Sebastian was upset that I was upset, and Kristen was upset that you were upset, and a bunch of drama just started."

I groan, putting my head in my hands, "I shouldn't have gotten out of the car. If I had stayed with her none of this would have happened!" "No, no, no," Jason says, pulling me into his arms, "If anything, this is my fault for becoming to angry with my beta and my best friend." I shake my head, "Listen to us. Let's shut up and talk to them." Jason smiles, "You're so smart." I roll my eyes, "I'm sure."

We stand, and walk back to the kitchen, but they're nowhere to be seen. I sigh, "I hope they're alright." My mate nods, "I'm sure they're talking things out right now."

"Can we go talk too?" I ask shyly. Jason grins, grabbing my chin and kissing me. "Of course we can," he says, intertwining his hand with mine. We go upstairs and into our room, and I plop down on the bed. My mate follows in suit, and I prepare to finally be honest with myself and my mate.