Chapter Four

(Hi everyone! Above is a picture of Lucinda. I hope you enjoy this chapter, because personally I did.)

I wake slowly, snuggling into the warmth of the body next to me. I sigh in content. An arm wraps around me, pulling me impossibly closer. I must still be dreaming.

I turn around and I'm startled to see a sleeping Alpha Jason. My breathing hitches, and I try to squirm my way out of his hold. It doesn't work, and I almost scream in frustration. I pick up his arm, throwing it off of me. I stand up, kicking his sleeping form and hopping off my bed.

I hear a groan of pain, and I walk out of my room, slamming the door behind me. I walk down the stairs, "WHAT THE HELL?" I scream. I hear footsteps behind me, and I start running down the stairs. "MOM, DAD!"

I'm in the kitchen, and my parents sit at the table, drinking coffee casually. "Good morning Lucinda," my father greets. "How could you let him into the house? Into my room?" I question.

I feel my mate's presence behind me, "You're mine. I have every right." I turn around poking my finger into his chest, "Oh my bad, I don't recall asking you." He growls, and I wave my hand, "Don't pull that shit on me." "Don't curse," he says lowly. My jaw drops, "Excuse me? Are you all the sudden my father? Do not think you can tell me what to do."

I turn back around, and my mother casually greets my mate, "Good morning Alpha." He responds grimly, "Good morning." "Are you serious?" I ask. "He's your mate, Lucy," My father answers. "Okay, and that gives him the right to force himself on me in my sleep?" "I would never!" My mate protests, and I smirk happily. He grabs my arm roughly, and I smack his hand hard, "Don't touch me!" "We need to talk," he says.

It was almost like my parents disappeared, leaving us to talk. I groan, shaking him off of me. "I need coffee," I inform him, walking to the kitchen counter. I smile mockingly, "Would you like some coffee, Alpha?" He lets out a frustrated sigh, "It's Jason. Call me Jason." I continue making my coffee, ignoring him. I make two cups to be polite. "Sugar? Creamer?" He shakes his head, and I carry the two cups of black coffee to the table.

I take a seat, handing him his coffee. I take a sip of mine, never once taking my eyes off of my handsome mate. He may be quite annoying, but the moon goddess blessed him with looks. That's for sure. His complexion was dark all together. He has tan skin, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. A little stubble grows on his chin, and he looks tired. I almost feel bad for the guy. He's probably waited for his mate his whole life, like most werewolves. He probably feels as if his mate, who's supposed to be Luna of his pack, doesn't want him or his pack. Though, he should respect my boundaries, I feel like a monster.

"I'm sorry." He perks up, staring into my eyes deeply, "What?" I roll my eyes, "I'm not going to say it again." "For what?" I sigh, "You probably think I don't want you, huh?" He nods, "Well, if the shoe fits." I chuckle, "I'm sorry. I just don't know how to handle these situations, you know? I never really wanted to find my mate this early. I'm only eighteen. I thought I had my whole life ahead of me, and I don't know. I guess I got scared, and that's not your fault. You deserve a mate, and your pack deserves a Luna." "What're you saying?" He asks, eyeing me carefully. "You deserve a chance, and I'm going to give you one." He stands, cautiously walking over to me. He stands right in front of me, and he leans down slightly to pull me against him, whispering, "Thank you so much."

I let myself enjoy being in the arms of my mate, wrapping my arms around him tightly. He sighs in content, running his hands through my hair. I cuddle into him.

Suddenly, I hear the snap of a camera. I push my mate off of me and storm to my parents, "Seriously? Did you just take a picture of us?" My mom blushes, "Accepting your mate is an important moment." Jason steps forward, "Can you send that to me?" I smack my forehead with my hand, "Good god."

I walk away, throwing my hands in the air. I still needed to talk to my mate, and my parents ruined it. I jog upstairs to my room, slamming the door behind me, but leaving it unlocked, knowing my mate would follow. I grab a pillow, and throw it onto my face, screaming loudly into it.

The door opens, and my mate stands there with his arms crossed, "Lucinda?" "Please don't call me that." "That's your name," he argues, "It's beautiful." I roll my eyes, "Lucy, or whatever you want, but not Lucinda." "Luce," he says. I shiver, loving the way it sounds. That was a new one. Luce sounded perfect rolling off his tongue. I nod at him. He grins.

"There are conditions to me accepting you as my mate," I say seriously. "Such as?" My mate raises his eyebrows. "You can't demand things from me." "What do you mean?" He asks. "You don't tell me what to do. If I want to curse, I'll curse." He opens his mouth to argue, but decides against it. I smirk, knowing I already had him wrapped around my little finger. "Anything else?" He questions, and I nod. "I don't belong to you, so cut out that "mine" shit," I tell him. He growls, "You are mine, though." "I am no possession!" I exclaim. "We'll figure that out later," he says, and I grimace.

I turn around, deciding to ignore him. I feel him behind me, "Luce?" He wraps his arms around me, and I instinctively fall back against him. He kisses the top of my head, "I'm sorry, baby." I growl, "No "baby", remember?" He lets go of me, obviously frustrated. Looks like we both had issues to work out. This relationship was going to be hard work.