Chapter Nine

"Baby," A sweet voice says. "No," I reply, covering my head with my blanket. "Baby, wake up." I shoot up, remembering the earlier incident. "Stay away from me," I yell, backing away. Jason sighs, "We're here, and the pack wants to meet you." "Tomorrow," I say, leaving no room for discussion.

I jump out of the car, keeping my distance from Jason. My mate walks slightly in front of me, leading me into the pack house. It's completely empty, and I'm relieved. Jason takes me up the stairs and into a huge bedroom.

"This is our room," he says quietly. "It's lovely," I whisper, walking slowly around the room. It's a light color, and the furniture is all black. The bed is huge and there's a door that leads out to a deck that looks upon the yard.

I stop to look at the yard, and I feel two arms circle around my waist, and a soft voice whispers in my ear, "Please don't be mad at me." I take a deep breathe, turning around to face him. I start crying, throwing myself at him and he just rubs my back slowly, holding me tight.

I'm slowly backed into the wall. Kisses are placed softly on my forehead, trailing down my face into the crook of my neck. I grab the back of his head, pulling my fingers through his hair. "Forgive me?" Jason asks. "Yes," I state, tugging on locks of his hair.

"I over reacted," I admit, "I'm sorry, but I was scared." He pulls away, "Don't be, baby." I smile at the look of adoration on his face.

Suddenly, the door bursts open. Jason growls at a large man who looks out of breath, "Not now, Sebastian." "But Alpha, there's been a rogue attack!" Sebastian exclaims, a look of panic on his face. "Who's hurt?" Jason asks, concern flashing across his face. "Two of the children who were playing on the outskirts of the territory," Sebastian answers.

Jason pulls me to him, looking into my eyes, "I'll be back, but I need to take care of this. Stay safe." And with that, he and Sebastian are gone. My chest aches with worry for the pack and for my mate.

Screams sound from downstairs, and I sprint down the stairs. A bleeding child is being carried inside and is put on the couch. I rush to her side, and find a crying woman next to her. "Get the pack doctor!" I yell, crouching down next to them. "Are you her mother?" I ask. Her eyes go wide, "Yes, I'm Gwen, Luna." "You're daughter's going to be okay."

I look over her wounds. Her leg has a huge bite in it, and is bleeding all over. Her arms are scratched up like crazy. The room is full of panic, and everyone is rushing around. A few people are pacing.

"Luna!" I hear, and turn to look at who's called my name. It's the pack doctor with all her equipment. "I'm Kelly, hi." "I'm Lucinda. Can you help?" I ask, worried as hell. "I'll do my best," she promises. She leans down to check on Gwen's daughter.

Everyone is looking to me, and I stand tall, "Listen to me! Your alpha and beta are gone because they are taking care of the rogue attack. It is safer to stay in the pack house, so I have decided that no one is to leave this house. We need to stay calm, because stress is not good for the hurt children."

Another child is rushed in, and is out down on another couch. The room is quiet, and I rush to the little boy. "Where are his parents?" I ask. "They're out of town, Luna," someone says. I grab ahold of his hand, "What's his name?" "Julian." "Julian, listen to me. You are going to be just fine." He has a deep wound on his stomach, but other than that he looked fine.

I grab ahold of a bandage, and assist the Kelly. I stand back up as soon as the children are bandaged up. All eyes are on me, "Hello, I'm Lucinda. It's unfortunate to meet under such circumstances, but I'm grateful to be here. I think it would be best if everyone who lived here headed to their rooms to prevent over crowding. Please take your children to bed, and make sure that your families and friends are safe."

The pack obeys me, and most of them head to their rooms. The few that stay back away and keep quiet.
The injured kids eventually fall asleep, and I don't leave their sides. I pull a chair up next to Gwen, and we watch over her daughter, Riley, and Julian.

I fall asleep holding Julian's hand.

************************************************

"Baby, wake up." I shoot up, throwing my arms around my mate. I kiss his cheek, "Thank the moon goddess you're alright." He wraps his arms around my waist, "I'm glad you're safe too. I hear you did a fantastic job handling the panic of the pack house last night, and helping Kelly. Thank you so much." I nod, "This is my pack now. I'll protect them with my life." He grins at me, "You're perfect. I'm so proud."

I look down at a sleeping Julian, "We need to take care of him until his parents are back." Jason nods, "Of course." Gwen is asleep in a chair next to Riley. "They're going to be fine," my mate assures me, grabbing ahold of my hand.

Sebastian stands in the corner watching us cautiously. Jason waves him over, "Sebastian, this is my mate, Lucy. Luce, this is my beta." We greet each other, shaking hands. I felt like part of the pack already. I was so happy to be the Luna, and it surprised me. It was a good feeling.