Chapter 5

''What's up with this 'B' in AP Micro?'' my mom asks me.

''Its like a 87. Close to an A'' I say scrolling on my Instagram that I just recently made.

''Doesn't matter. Bring it up'' she says.

''So aggravating'' I say under my breath.

''What?'' she says.

''Nothing'' I say rolling my eyes. I was really getting sick of her. It had been weeks since me and Gabie talked. An to make it worst her birthday was coming up in a few weeks.

''Watch your tone'' she says while closing my door.

''You okay?" Betty says opening my door.

''Ready to start living my own life'' I say. She comes and sit down by me.

''Your brother and sister both stood up to your mom. Why can't you?"she asks.

''Cause I'm scared'' I say.

''Girl you are 18 with no kids. It's your senior year. Do what you wanna do'' she says.

''Its easy saying it than doing it'' I say.

''An its also nicer doing what you wanna do'' she says.

''I know'' I say.

''I heard she told you to stop being friends with Gabie'' Betty says shaking her head.

''Yes. Gabie has been my bestfriend forever and a day'' I say. I really do miss her. When she see me in the hallway she doesn't even look my way or anything.

''You let that happen. You let a lot of things happen'' she says. An she was right if I don't stand up for myself now it'll be to late.

''Its up to you to change whats best for you and not your mom'' she says kissing me on the forehead and walking away

Weeks went by and Gabie birthday was literally in two days. I figured that I'll talk to her today and tell her that we should bounce right back like we always do.

''Waiting for someone?" Erica says walking towards me in the library.

''Leave me alone'' I say rolling my eyes.

''Nice bun'' she says looking at my hair.

''What do you want?'' I ask her.

''Are you going to your best friend birthday party bash this weekend?'' she asks. Gabie was having a party and didn't invite me?

''When is it?"

''She's your best friend. You should know'' she says laughing.

''I'll be there'' I say.

''Sure you will'' she says smirking.

''Why do you always have to mess with me?''

''Yeah why you always have to mess with her?'' Gabie says coming up out of no where.

''She didn't know about your party'' Erica says laughing.

''An I don't know why you find it so funny cause its no thots allowed'' Gabie says making the whole library laugh.

''Fuck you hoe'' Erica says.

''Naw I'm celibate'' Gabie says.

''You ain't going to fight me tho'' Erica says.

''Put you hands on me and we will see'' Gabie says.

''Is there a problem over here ?'' Says one of Erica's bestfriend. I think her name was Deja.

''Bitches talking shit but don't wanna fight'' Erica says.

''Cause a bitch ain't stupid'' Deja says laughing.

''Bitch you can get an ass whooping too'' Gabie says. Deja and Erica look at each other and both swing at Gabie.

''OH MY GOD!'' I scream. Everyone was coming up with their phones looking. I never got into a fight before but I couldn't just let my best friend get beat up. So I grabbed Deja by her hair and started pounding her in the head.

''Look at stuck up white girl beating ass'' I hear someone from the crowd say. Deans finally came and broke us up. I looked at Deja face and she had a bruised lip and nose was bleeding. I did pretty good.

''Thank you'' Gabie says smiling at me.

''Isn't that what best friends are for?" I say to her as the cops are handcuffing us. WHAT THE FUCK! My mom was going to kill me literally.

''A fight?!'' my mom asks.

''Its reasonable'' I say

''How is a fight reasonable?'' my dad asks.

''They was jumping Gabie'' I say.

''Didn't I tell you a while back to leave her alone?'' mom asks.

''An I'm so tired of listening to you!!!!!!'' I scream.

''Watch how you talk to your mother'' My dad says.

''No I don't care anymore!! She's always telling me what to do and how to do it! I'm sick and tired of her'' I say.

''Watch your tone'' my mom says to me.

''No you watch yours!!!'' I say to you. ''I'm so  sick and tired of you telling me how to live my life! I'm 18 years old! You shouldn't be running my life anymore! Its aggravating and I freaking hate it. I freaking hate you at times! Give me a break and lemme live my life without you bitching all the damn time. Starting today ARMANI IS GOING TO DO WHAT ARMANI WANTS TO DO! An I don't care if you like it or not. Wanna throw me out? Fine do it. I'll go live with Brittney . I just don't care anymore. Yes I got two weeks home and Im going to do what I wanna do!!!!!!!'' I say and walking away from them. I felt so much better with sticking up for myself . Now all I had to do was really do what I say I was going to do and not give up