Chapter 2

''Do you think I act a little to much white?" I ask Gabie at lunch.

''A little too much? Or a whole bunch'' she says laughing.

''That's not funny'' I say.

''Yes it is... But forreal just a little bit. Like look what you be wearing and how you act. Why would you think people would call you stuck up?'' she says.

''What's wrong with how I dress?" I ask her.

''Your clothes be to loose sometimes. Show off that body, show more skin, get tattoos, piercings, more sandals and sneakers and not TOMS'' She says pointing at my Toms. They're so comfortable.

''I don't like dresses and skirts'' she says.

''Well you need to change it up besides of wearing jeans all the time. Don't get me wrong your rip jeans be cute but sometimes you should change it up'' Gabie says.

''I'll think about it'' I say.

''Anyways there's a party this Saturday. You down?'' She asks.

''No'' I say.

''Yes oh my god yes you are man. CHANGE IT UP!!!!!! Stop being so damn boring yo'' Gabie says.

''I'm not boring it's just that parties aren't for me'' I say.

''How would you know if a party is for you and you've never been to a party'' she says staring at me.

''I don't know'' I say.

''EXACTLY!!!'' She says. Then the bell rings dismissing lunch.

''How you getting home today?" she asks.

''Britt'' I say.

''Good she's my ride home too. Which makes it even better cause me and her both can convince you about the party'' she says while walking away smiling.

''Hey Britt'' Gabie says getting in the car.

''What's up lil sis'' she says. ''Hey nerd'' she says to me.

''I'm not a nerd'' I say.

''Whatever you say'' Britt says turning up the radio.

''Wait Britt I need your help'' Gabie says.

''With?''

''Your sister going to this party'' 

''You going to a party???''

''No''

''Yes she is. Oh my god. Help me Britt''

''I have no more faith when it comes to my sister. She's lame'' Britt says making Gabie laugh.

''You guys really gonna just do that?'' I say. I'm so sensitive deep down. I hate when they pick on me about the way I act. I know I'm a black girl but I have a white side trapped inside of me. It's hard letting her go.

''We're not doing anything. I was your age before and dealt with the same exact thing. Then I changed cause I was so fed up. Same with Jon'' she says referring to my brother whose in prison.

''I don't wanna talk about Jon'' I say.

''Why not he's your brother'' Britt says.

''If he was my brother he would of never made that stupid mistake. Like our dad is in the FBI and he's in prison that doesn't add up'' I say.

''Naw you don't add up'' Britt says.

''Can you just take me home.'' I say.

''Gabie where you going?" Britt asks her.

''To Armani house''

''No you can take her home. Mom just text me saying we're going somewhere when I get home'' I say lying. I didn't wanna be bothered with Gabie today. I was already on the verge of crying.

''Umm okay'' Gabie says. Britt just looks at me. The rest of the drive home was silent. When finally pulled up in my driveway and I rushed out the car. Didn't say bye to anyone. I made it to my front door pulled out my keys and unlocked the door and ran right by Betty.

''ARMANI HONEY I HAVE YOU SNACK!'' She yells. I ignored her and went straight for the bathroom. I sat there and cried over an over again. Everyone else in high school had friends, went to parties, had boyfriends, and then there's me. No one likes me. Can't imagine me getting a boyfriend. Its so hard. An especially when you're a senior in high school. Everything is suppose to be just right.