Chapter 4

''I'm not sure about this'' I say as Gabie was doing my hair. She had this white stuff all over my head.

''Girl is this your first perm?'' She asks.

''My first what?''

''Oh my fucking gosh'' Gabie says.

''It's burning'' I say.

''I bet it is'' Gabie says sitting on my bed.

''Why are you sitting down. This shit is burning'' I say.

''It had to sit for one more minute. Then you'll definitely be laid '' she says. ''I'm not giving you a sew in until two weeks from now tho. Its not good to get a perm then a sew in'' she says.

''Can we rinse it out?'' I say screaming. I run to the bathroom sink.

''Oh my god.. Your hair is so long'' Gabie says flat ironing my hair. 

''Can I see?''I ask.

''No I'm not done relax. I have a few more things to do'' she says pulling out a needle. I jumped up so fast.

''What the hell'' I say. She starts laughing.

''What's funny'' I ask.

''I'm about to do you some piercings'' she says.

''Yeah the devil is a lie'' I say.

''Girl I did all my piercings'' she says.

''Well thats yo dumb ass not me'' I say.

''It's just a little pinch come on'' she says. ''Close your eyes... 5...4...3...2........1...''

''What is going on in here?'' my mom says rushing into the room. Gabie hides the needle in her bra.

''Hey mother'' I say.

''Hey mom'' Gabie says.

''Did you get a perm without my permission??'' My mom asks.

''Yeah. Look how long and pretty my hair is'' I say.

''You're going to be bald head'' my mom says.

''What?''

''Who did this to you?'' she asks.

''Gabie'' I say.

''If you're going to be a bad influence on my daughter the you can't be her friend'' my mom says.

''Wait what?'' I say.

''You better hush your mouth'' my mom says.

''I didn't know that this would cause a problem'' Gabie says.

''Of course you wouldn't cause your mom let you do anything. But not my daughter. I refuse to let her get out of hand'' my mom says.

''You're blowing this all the wrong way'' I say.

''You shut up. Gabie I don't want you around my daughter anymore. How dare you touch her hair and was that a needle I seen? What was you about to do with that?'' she asks.

''I'll just leave'' Gabie says packing her belongings and walking out.

''Really mom? Gabie is my only friend'' I say.

''Well as of now and long as I'm living you don't have any friends'' she says.

''What did she do wrong?''

''You're not wearing your hair down like that either. You're not grown'' she says and walks out my room slamming my door.

It was getting late so I decided to finally lay down and get ready for bed until knocks was at my door.

''Who is it?''

''Its me'' Britt says opening up my door.

''I'm getting ready to go to bed'' I say.

''You okay? I heard what happened. Its time for you to step up. Like I been telling you'' she says.

''That's so hard'' I say.

''Want me to make it easier?'' she asks.

''No just leave me alone get out and lemme sleep'' I say pulling the covers over my face.

''You'll listen one day and thank me later'' she says walking out and closing my door. I bury my face in my pillow and cry myself to sleep. I hate getting treated like this and it feels as if I can't even change it.

The  next day at school I looked everywhere for Gabie then I finally found her.

''Gabie!'' I say smiling at her.

''You sure you can talk to me kid?'' she asks.

''Don't act like that you're my best friend'' I say.

''No actually I'm not. Your mom doesn't want us hanging out so I'm not about to disobey her'' she says trying to talk away.

''Who cares what she says'' I say walking behind her.

''You do cause apparently you listened to her'' she says.

''She's my mother'' I say.

''Exactly and with that being said she's your mother so you should listen to what she has to say and just leave me alone'' Gabie says .

''Really Gabie? You've been my best friend for years whats up now?" I ask.

''You've been the same girl for years and not willing to change that's whats up'' she says and walking away. It was really time for me to change.