Chapter 10

Marcus's POV:
A few weeks later Lucian finally woke up and the doctor came in to check on him. "How you feeling?" He asked and he answered him. "Better than I was, but I'm awake and I'll get to see my family again." He said and the doctor nodded.
"When do we go back to the U.S.?" He asked and captain Johnson answered. "In a couple of hours when you get a little better." He said and Lucian nodded.
"That's good, does Georgia know what's going on?" He asked the captain. "Yes, she knows, wanted to come over here with us but I told her it would be too dangerous for them to be over here." He said and Lucian nodded.
Then I remembered his letter I still had in my pocket so I got it out and gave it back to him. "Looks like she won't have to be reading this anytime soon." I said and he nodded. "I'm just glad I'll get to see them again." He said with a smile taking the letter.
Lucian's POV:
"Before we head back to the states we need go visit that compound they held you two at and capture them so would you be able to contact Lucas and Ruvel to help us?" Captain Johnson asked me and I nodded. "Of course, I'll go on and get them to come, Ruvel can just appear here and Lucas might take a few hours to fly here, long enough for me to get a little better." I said and he nodded. "Ruvel, need your help with something." I said out loud and he appeared and then I mind-linked for Lucas to come and he said he would be here.
"Lucas is on his way, and when he gets here we'll start with the plan." I said and told Ruvel what we were going to do.
"So basically Lucas and I get to help you torture and kill a whole militia?" Ruvel asked and I nodded then he showed his true skeletal form and grinned. "That's going to be fun." He said and then returned to his human form.
"So how much pain do you want them to be in?" He asked and I told him. "You know what they done to me don't you, how much pain I was in?" I asked and he nodded. "Triple that." I said and he smiled a smile that would put Joker's smile to shame.
"But first I want to scare them a bit and the leader and the one they call Goliath are the last to die as they see what will happen to them." I said and he nodded still smiling.
"Captain?" I said and he looked to me. "Yes commander?" He asked. "What do you believe is the most vicious creature on four legs?" I asked him and he thought a minute.
"The hyena or the wolf." He said and I had an idea. "Ok then I will shift into a hyena and Lucas can shift into his wolf form and we'll have both at once." I said and he smiled.
"Good plan, I like where this is going." He said and I nodded. "Nobody gets away with torturing my men." He finished and I laughed. "You got it captain."
A few hours later as I was getting ready to go Lucas arrived and I told him the plan. "Sounds good, when do we go capture these people?" He asked. "As soon as we get to the chopper." I said and he nodded with a smile.
We loaded up in the chopper and got to the compound to capture the militia. We silently caught every man in the compound and threw them in the chopper, there were about six men total so after we got Goliath and Rodrigo in we got the team in and started back to the states. Good thing they brought a big chopper or we would crash from the weight in here.
We got back to the states and got to the base. As I was pushing Goliath out of the chopper more SEALS from a few other teams started looking my way. "Welcome back commander!" Someone shouted and I nodded in their direction.
"Get over there." I said to Goliath as we were getting to the larger torture chamber. I shoved him in a corner and waited as the rest of the team brought the others in. "Anyone who wants to watch come to the two way mirror so we can watch these men get what was coming to them." Captain Johnson said in the loudspeaker and I heard people begin to file into the observation rooms surrounding the torture chamber.
"Have fun." Captain Johnson said as the team left the room leaving me in here with the captives and Ruvel and Lucas. "Don't worry, I will." I said and heard laughter.
"Go ahead and shift Lucas." I said as I shifted into the hyena. I snarled at one guy who was cowering in his spot on the floor and bit him in the arm. Then Lucas bit his other arm as Ruvel was giving him the death stare.
As he started screaming and skin started peeling from his bones I looked to Goliath to see him shaking in fear. I laughed as a hyena should and then went over to another guy. This one I knocked on his back as he was one of the ones that stabbed me and started clawing him to bits and stopped letting Ruvel finish him off.
I motioned to a younger guy and told Lucas to give him a quick death as he wasn't there when I was tortured so Lucas ripped his throat out. Ruvel gave the death stare to another and finally it was down to Goliath and the leader. I looked to Goliath and told Lucas and Ruvel to stay out of this one, I have a bone to pick with this one.
I learned I could still talk while in animal form so I spoke to Goliath. "So it's finally down to you and your leader. What you done to me in your little torture chamber is nothing compared to what I will do to you." I said and snarled at him as he cowers and begins whimpering in fear. "You saw what happened to the four others and they got it easy." I said and his eyes widened.
"So Goliath, your time is up." I said and began the torture. First I bit off his fingers on one hand and then clawed off an entire arm. After that I clawed his face and by now he was mute from pain and fear. Next I bit an ear off tossing it to the side and then I let Lucas finish him off with his wings.
He touched him with both and he started screaming before Lucas removed the healing wing and killed him. "Now for you, no we will not kill you, you will rot in a cell knowing that you messed with the wrong person and your entire militia paid the price." I said and told my captain to come in. I shifted back to human form fully clothed as Lucas said would happen because our clothes just disappear and reappear as we shift forms and looked to my captain as he came in.
"Now that's why we need to stay on your good side Lucian." He said. "I don't think we will have any traitors anytime soon the entire base came to watch." He said and I laughed. "Good because the only thing I hate more than a terrorist is a traitor." I said and he nodded laughing. "I think it's time we got him to a cell." I said motioning to the new prisoner and he nodded and took him to a cell.
"Thanks for the help guys." I said to Lucas and Ruvel. "You're welcome, now time to clean this mess up." Ruvel said and then snapped his fingers making the blood and bodies disappear. "You know if you want it, you still have a place in my pack but you can stay where you're at and come only when we need you or you want to visit." Lucas said and I thought for a minute.
"Meet me at my place tonight I'm going to see what Georgia and Sarah think." I said and he nodded. "I'll be there." He said and walked out of the room.
I have to think of a way to tell Sarah and Georgia what I am and prove it to them. Sarah always wanted a horse so I could shift into a fresian, her favorite breed, and give her a ride and then ask what they think of belonging in a pack.
I kinda like the idea but I'm not sure how it would work with us living all the way in Florida and them in Mississippi. I walked out of the torture chamber to see my team waiting for me outside the building.
My captain came over to me and told me he had an opportunity if I accepted the invitation to join Lucas's pack. "What's the opportunity sir?" I asked him.
"I'm retiring, I've decided I'm finished with the SEAL life and I need to be there for my family all the time, so now you're captain of the team. If you want to, they have some openings in Mississippi for a few teams to move down there, if you accept Lucas's offer and decide you want to move onto their pack territory, you can take the job offer and take the men in the team who want to move down there with you." He said and I was shocked, the captain was retiring and I know we won't be able to stop him from retiring.
"Thank you sir, I'll think about it." I told him and he smiled. "Thanks Lucian, and good luck." He said and I saluted him.
We walked back over to the team and he told them to meet us in the conference room and we started that way. When we got there the team sat down but Captain Johnson and I remained standing.
"I'm retiring and Lucian is your new captain, he was offered a spot in Lucas's pack in Mississippi and there was a job offer for our team close to that pack, now your families all know about supernaturals and whoever wants to stay with the team can move to that pack territory with him if Lucas has room for you, and if he doesn't have room for all of you, the ones who don't live on the territory can move into surrounding houses or move on the base. A show of hands of people willing to move to Mississippi with their families to stay with the team." He said and the whole team raised their hands.
"Lt. Hart, please come up here." Captain Johnson said and he did. "I am promoting you to the Commander of this team if you will accept it." He said and Marcus shook his hand. "I would be honored sir." He said and captain Johnson looked to me. "Your new commander, captain Phillips." He said and I nodded with a smile.
"We'll all miss you sir, but be expecting a visit from time to time and if you ever need any help you can count on us to be there to help you." I said and he nodded and left the room. "Ok men, I know you have a lot on your minds, you can go tell your families about your new home opportunities with the team and I will inform you further on the subject." I told the team and they nodded saluting me and then left the room, all but Sam and Marcus.
"Thanks for saving me in Iran, captain Phillips." Sam said and I nodded. "Just remember, we always take care of our own, now go tell your mother of the opportunity." I told him and he nodded leaving the room. "Congratulations Commander Hart, and I never did thank you for getting me out of there so, thanks, I owe you big time." I told Marcus and he nodded. "That's what friends are for, brothers by heart." He said and I nodded with a smile.
"So what are you going to tell your family?" I asked him and he shook his head. "I'm not sure but I'll think of something." He said and then left to go tell his wife.
Time for me to go home and tell my wife and daughter the news, and tell them what I am. I got in my hummer and drove to the house to see Georgia sitting on the front porch. I got out of the hummer and she ran up to me and nearly knocked me over throwing herself at me. "Well hello to you too." I said. "I have something I gotta tell you and Sarah, meet me in the backyard Lucas should be here soon." I told her when she pulled back and she nodded.
A minute later Lucas pulled up in his hummer and I walked over to him. "I guess it's time to tell my wife and daughter our secret, they're in the backyard." I told him and he nodded as we started walking to the backyard.
When I got back there Sarah and Georgia were waiting on me and once Sarah saw me she ran up to me. "Daddy!" She yelled jumping in my arms. "Hey baby girl I have something I have to show you and your mother." I told her and she nodded and walked over to Georgia.
"Ok now I know this is going to be hard to believe, but I'm a shifter like Lucas is a werewolf." I said and Georgia stayed silent. "How can you prove it to us daddy?" Sarah asked me and I thought for a second.
"What animal do you want me to turn into?" I asked her and she said she wanted me to turn into a horse. "Ok, step back and please keep those wolf instincts at bay Lucas." I joked and he laughed and stepped back.
I concentrated and thought of the breed of horse I wanted to turn into and I shifted into a big black fresian horse. "Daddy, you're a horse." Sarah said and ran up to me. I knelt down and she got on my back with help from Lucas and I walked over to Georgia. "So do you believe me now?" I asked Georgia and she nodded.
"So you can talk too while you're an animal?" Sarah asked and I nodded. "Yup and I can turn into anything or anyone I want." I said and knelt down for Sarah to get off my back and then shifted back to human form.
"Ok Lucas time for you to prove to my daughter you're a werewolf." I said and he nodded shifting into his wolf. "But he's more than a wolf, he's also a death angel." I said and he let his wings out.
"You're a beautiful wolf Lucas." Georgia said, her favorite animal is the wolf as far as wild animals goes. He bowed and shifted back to human form.
"Well now that we got that clear I have another thing to tell you both." I told Georgia and we walked inside to the living room and sat on the couch. "I have been promoted to captain of my team since captain Johnson is retiring, I have also gotten an offer for us to join Lucas's pack in Mississippi and the team said if we move down to Mississippi and take the job offer my team got they would come with us if Lucas has room in his pack." I said and they nodded.
"We would love to." Georgia said and Sarah nodded. "So do you have room on your territory for my team and their families to live there?" I asked Lucas and he nodded. "We have plenty of room, some of my pack decided to move and live in the nearby town closer to their jobs and we have some open homes down by the coast." He said and I nodded.
"It's settled then, we accept your offer to join your pack and now I just gotta tell my old captain and my team the decision." I said and he nodded as we shook hands.
Nick started crying so Georgia went to get him and then Russell walked in the room. "Hey Russell we're moving down to Mississippi." I said and he wagged his tail and smiled.
"I think he likes the idea." I said and then Georgia came down with Nick. "He missed you Lucian, I'm guessing he heard your voice and woke up." She said and once little Nicholas saw me he started reaching for me so she handed him to me.
"You have a handsome little guy there Lucian." Lucas said and I nodded. "He gets it from his mother." I said and she blushed. "No he looks just like you." She said. "Ok, ok, but he has your eyes and mouth." I said because it was true.
Then I started to give him back to Georgia but he started whining. "Guess he wants to come to the base with me." I said and Georgia nodded. "Let's all go." She said and I nodded deciding it was best. "Get his car seat ready to go and Sarah, be ready to meet a lot of SEALS." I said and she nodded.
We all got in my hummer and drove to the base, the team was there waiting on me when we got there. I got out and got Nick and the others got out after me. "Welcome men, it's settled, we're moving down to Mississippi and Lucas has homes by the coast on his territory he said y'all can move into." I said and they nodded.
"Captain Johnson, tell that other base in Mississippi that we accept the job offer." I told him and he nodded telling me to follow him.
We got the Admiral of that base on the line and he told him that I accepted the opportunity. Lucas seemed to know this man as he was looking at him in surprise. "Admiral Sutherland." He said and the Admiral looked at him. "Captain Anghelescu, you know these gentlemen?" He asked and Lucas nodded. "Yes sir, I helped them out on their last mission and helped Captain Phillips find out more about being a shifter." He said and the Admiral nodded.
"Ok you will be stationed at the same base Anghelescu is so he can show you where it is." Admiral Sutherland said and I nodded. "Yes sir, I should be there tomorrow or Friday." I said and he nodded and cut the connection.
"Seems we'll be working together." I told Lucas and he nodded. "Seems like it." He said. "Well I got my retirement form filled out and turned in so I guess I'll be seeing you Lucian." Captain Johnson said. "Hey, how would you like to come with your family to my house tonight and we can have you a little retirement party to say goodbye." I said and he nnodded. "Sure, what time?" He asked and I told him. "7:00 tonight, it'll give everyone time to get there." I said and he nodded and we all left the room.
I looked at Nick in my arms and he was smiling up at me, then he turned into a puppy. "Woah I guess he got my shifter genes." I said and he shifted back into himself.
"Looks like it, he shifted way early, looks like you have a superior in your arms but if he's a born superior then you're a superior, that's the only way he could be one." Lucas said and I nodded.
I walked back over to Georgia and told her the news. "Seems Nick is a shifter, he just turned into a puppy." I told her and she nodded. "Now I have two shifters on my hands so far." She said and I laughed. "Don't worry, maybe Sarah isn't one." I said and she nodded.
"But it seems I'm a superior shifter because he's a superior shifter, like werewolves have an alpha, shifters have a superior." I explained to her and she nodded.
"But what I'm wondering is how a shifter has a human mate, I've never seen it happen." Lucas said and I was surprised. "So Georgia could be another supernatural?" I asked and he nodded. "I gotta find out somehow." She said and I nodded.
"How many possibilities are there?" I asked Lucas and he shook his head. "I don't know, let me get Ruvel, he'll know what she is." He said and I nodded.
"You called?" Ruvel said when he appeared. "Yes, we need to know is Georgia a supernatural and if so what is she?" I asked and he looked at her. "You, my friend, are a shifter as well, your parents never told you because they didn't want you to think of yourself as some kind of freak when all you knew was the human life." He said and she nodded.
"Ok I'm not sure how to take this news." She said and I handed Nick to Lucas and pulled her in a hug. "Just accept it as I have I can teach you how to shift as Lucas taught me." I said and she nodded. "Does that mean I'm a shifter too?" Sarah asked and Lucas nodded. "In fact you're now old enough to be able to shift." He said and she nodded.
"How do we shift Lucian?" Georgia asked and I told her. "Just think of who or what you want to be at the moment and it will come to you naturally." I said and she nodded shifting into a wolf as Sarah turned into a cheetah cub.
"Both of my girls are beautiful." I said rubbing both of them on the head. "To shift back just think 'I want to be me again' and it will happen." I told them and they did.
"A little help here." Lucas said and when I looked at him I laughed. Nick is a kitten in Lucas's arms. "Ok Nick time to go back to being a human baby." I said and he shifted back to human form. "Thank you, I'm kind of not very fond of cats, being a werewolf and all." Lucas said and I Laughed getting Nick back from him.
"Looks like our little shifter is going to be shifting often until he can get control of it." I said Laughing. "Then you need to keep him away from humans." Lucas said and I nodded. "I know, but just wait until he turns into a chimp." I said and we all laughed at that.
"The best way to teach him the kind of animals would be to turn into whatever you tell him about." Lucas said and I nodded. "Yeah, but I guess we better get home we have a party to prepare for." I said and he nodded.
On my way to the hummer I told the team to meet me at my house with their families at about 6:30 so they could help prepare for the party at 7. We got the kids strapped in their seats and got in ourselves and left the base.
We got to the house and I saw Sam sitting there waiting on us. "Hey Sam, what you need?" I asked him when I got out of the hummer. "Just wanted to thank you again for getting me out of Iran, you know when I found out the guy posing as Commander Hart was the one behind you in the chopper I was shocked, he looked just like him." He said and I told him he could come inside.
"That guy was a shifter like me and we can make ourselves look and sound like anyone or anything we want but I'm a superior so I can talk in animal form and my disguise can last for longer." I said and he nodded. "Also I know you know the grim reaper so do you think he could call my dad's spirit so I can tell him I'm sorry?" He asked and I told him I would see and called Ruvel.
"Ruvel, he wants to know if you can call his father's spirit so he can talk to him." I said motioning to Sam once Ruvel appeared. "I think I can do better than that." He said and snapped his fingers.
Suddenly Josh appeared in the flesh. "Now this is only temporary, he can stay until after the party but then he has to go." Ruvel said and Sam nodded. "Hey dad, I'm sorry for what I said that day I didn't mean any of it." He said and Josh pulled him in for a hug. "I know Sam, you were angry and anger makes you say and do things you don't mean." He said and Sam nodded.
"Now you are teamed up with a great group of men and you do everything your captain tells you to do, it'll help keep you alive." He said and Sam nodded. "Yes sir, this is my new captain, Captain Lucian Phillips." He said and Josh nodded.
"Hey Josh long time, no see." I said and he saluted me. "You know, your wife should be getting here soon so she would be happy to hear your voice again even if it's only for a few hours." I said and he nodded.
"Thank you for delivering my message to her the day you met Sam, you really did save her life." He said and I nodded. "No problem, won't you go sit on the couch while we prepare everything." I said and he nodded and went over to the couch.
After we got everything prepared Sam's mom, Lilly, drove up so I went to greet her. "Welcome Mrs. Nicholson there's someone here to see you, came just for you and Sam." I said and took her to the living room and once she saw who was sitting on the couch she froze. "Lilly, you're looking great." Josh said and she broke out in tears. "How did you get to come visit?" She asked.
"A little help from the grim reaper, I get to stay until after the party." He said and walked over to give her a hug. "I thought the grim reaper only took souls, I didn't know he could help them visit." She said and Ruvel walked in.
"Well I kind of have a soft spot for families, the only reason I take souls is if they've done their time on earth and it's time for them to go." He said and she nodded. "You know what Lucian said that day he brought Sam home was true, I didn't feel any pain, just told him the message I wanted delivered to you and then I died." He said and she nodded pulling back from their hug.
I looked behind me noticing someone was back there and saw the team with their jaws to the floor. "Hey guys." Josh said and they waved too shocked to speak.
"It's only temporary so enjoy the time we have with our old Marine friend." I said and they snapped out of it.
"Captain Johnson should be arriving any minute so get in your places." I said and we all stood in a group in front of the door with the lights off.
A minute later we heard a knock on the door and I shouted "come in!" I said and he came in so I flipped the lights on and everyone shouted "surprise!"
"Hey guys I kinda knew about the party." Captain Johnson said and I looked at him. "But you didn't know about this part." I said and the group parted so he could see Josh. Once he saw him his eyes went wide. "Josh? This is the best surprise I've had in years." He said and I nodded.
"My little brother came back." He said and I looked at him. "Little brother?" I asked him. "Yes, he's my step-brother." He said and I was shocked to say the least.
"I had no idea you two were step-brothers." I said and he nodded and walked over to give Josh a hug.
"It's only a temporary thing I can only stay until after the party." He told captain Johnson and he nodded.
"Let's get this party started then." I said and everyone whooped and hollered. I started the music and everyone started to dance except me, I can't dance.
Then Georgia pulled me out on the dance floor and started trying to get me to dance. Then a slow song came on so I decided I would dance to that. It was my favorite song, I Don't Dance by Lee Brice and it was the truth. A few hours later after the dancing we began to eat and after we ate we decided to sit in the living room and just talk.
"So how you been Josh?" Captain Johnson asked and he told us. "I've been really good, where I'm at I can keep an eye on Sam and there's no pain." He said and everyone nodded. "Yeah I got a small glimpse of that when I went missing after we took out that terror group." I said. "Mom was there and she looked happy." I said and Josh nodded.
"She's proud of you and her grandkids you know." He said and I nodded smiling.
"It was the hardest thing to do letting her go when she died but I know she's no longer suffering." I said and he nodded.
Then Ruvel got up. "It's time for you to go Josh, say goodbye to your family and friends." He said and Josh nodded. "I guess it's time for me to go." He said kissing his wife one last time and giving Sam a hug goodbye. "Be good for your mother now and do whatever this man tells you." He told Sam and he nodded wiping a tear from his eye.
"Bye everyone." He said and then walked towards the portal that was opened up. As soon as he walked in the portal he looked back and waved and then it closed for good for him.
Sam hugged his mom and then everyone started to leave since we need to start packing our things to leave for Mississippi. "Bye everyone, and bye captain Johnson, you were a great captain." I said and he nodded with a smile.
"Thank you for the party Lucian, I'm glad I got to see Josh again and it was good to see Lilly smile for once since he died." He said and I nodded. "Well I guess I better get packed, we need to leave tomorrow." I said and he looked behind me. "When did you get a chimp?" He asked and I looked back to see Nick as a chimp.
"That's Nick, he's a shifter too and he isn't able to control it yet." I said and he laughed and walked to his truck. "Nick get back in your little boy form little man." I said and he did.
I closed the front door and went to get Nick, he's growing fast, something I learned was part of being a superior shifter, he'll start growing normally once he reaches two years old next month. He'll be a year old tomorrow and he's already learning to walk.
"Ok little man time for bed." I said when I picked him up and then took him to his crib. He fell asleep instantly and I turned his light off.
I got downstairs to see Georgia getting stuff ready to go. "I have a few people who can come help us pack quickly once they get done helping the rest of the team." I told her and she nodded sitting on the couch.
A few minutes later Ruvel appeared with a few of his friends and we started packing. He had a trailer outside for the furniture we're going to keep so we started getting that done.
About 10 minutes later we had everything packed and ready to go so I put a tarp over the furniture just incase it rained overnight and then went back inside. "Thanks for the help guys, I'll see you tomorrow night once we get to Mississippi." I said and Ruvel nodded and left with his friends.
I walked up to our room with Georgia and we went to sleep on a makeshift bed since we were keeping the bed as it was her mother's.