Chapter 3

The next morning we woke up at 3 and signed the release forms to go. I got dressed and we left the hospital getting a few groceries and some dog food for the safe house.
We drove the 50 miles to the almost invisible dirt path and drove the last mile down the path to the house. If you don't know where it's at then you won't see the path.
"When you said secluded you meant it." Captain Johnson said and I nodded. "It doesn't look like much but it's supposed to look abandoned on the outside the inside is better." I said and we went inside and I set the bags down on the kitchen counter and looked at my men.
"Wait here while I make sure it's clear." I said and they nodded. I took my pistol and checked every room and when I made sure they were clear I yelled down the stairs.
"All clear!" And then they came up the stairs and I showed them the guest rooms where they would take turns sleeping. I then showed Sarah her room and she squealed when she saw it.
"I love it!" She said and I smiled it was decorated with zebra print and I had a little Navy SEAL bear on her bed that she'll keep here since she has one at home already.
I left her in her room so she could get settled in and went back downstairs to help stock the fridge and pantry. We got that stocked and I showed my captain the basement where the security room is full of monitors that are hooked to the hidden cameras around the house and outside on all sides of the house.
"This is the safest room in the house where my wife and daughter will go if someone comes and we have to fight." I said and he nodded because the door is a bookcase that has a hidden button on the side.
When I finished with the tour of the basement we went upstairs to get the rest of the team because I was going to show them around the property.
The house sits on 200 acres of land that used to be a Marines training camp until they moved it and my dad bought the land. When we got up there the team was waiting for us.
"Ok everyone follow me, but I need someone to stay with the girls." I said and Ens. Rice said he would so I got the rest to follow me to the building.
When we got there and they saw the carving, untouched by the weather, over the door of the words 'Semper Fidelis' they looked mesmerized. "What was this place?" Ens. Ferguson asked.
"This land was where they trained Marine recruits before they moved to a spot closer to the base and my dad bought the place and I make sure it's cleaned once a month at least if I'm able to. I have had trouble with graffiti artists but cleaned it up and I put a sign up and haven't had trouble since." I said and we went inside.
The POW, MIA flag is still where we left it by the American flag, all the equipment was still here and I added the SEAL saying 'The only easy day, was yesterday' above the beginning of the obstacle course.
"This is where we'll go for extra training when we have time after our patrols around the house." I said and the team nodded and we headed back to the house.
We got to the house and Georgia had lunch ready so we got our plates and ate our lunch. "We need to meet in the basement to make a plan after lunch." I told the team and they agreed.
We finished eating and I helped clean up the kitchen. As I was giving Russell some food and water Georgia came and looked at me. "You never did tell me why we're here." She said and I sighed.
"Someone has threatened my life, Sarah's, and yours, if it was just me we wouldn't be here, I would be hunting them down. If I died protecting you and Sarah I would die doing something for you. When I signed my life away I meant it, I will fight for you, Sarah, and my country gladly." I said and she nodded. "I know, I knew what I was getting myself into when I said yes." She said and I smiled and left the kitchen.
I went to meet my team in the basement and found them waiting. "Ok, we need four men on night and day patrol for the perimeter, two take the day and two take the night and if someone were to come Sarah and Georgia will go in there." I said pointing to the bookcase door.
"But, isn't that just a bookcase?" Someone asked and I walked over to it and pressed the button on the side. "This is the safest room in the house, bulletproof back to the bookcase and walls." I said and closed the door.
"Ok who takes the night patrols?" I asked and Lt. Hart said he would with Lt. Martin. "Ok then I have day patrol with you." I said to my captain.
"And that leaves you two for security camera watch." I said to the Ensigns and they decided who would be day watch and who would take the night.
"Ok now everyone has their jobs starting tonight let's all go to the training building and we'll take the girls this time." I said and the team nodded.
We got upstairs and got the girls and went to the training building. On the way up there Sarah got tired so I told her to hop on my back and she did.
We got to the building and a minute later I heard a noise around back so I put Sarah back on the ground. "I heard something around back so I need to go check it out with my captain to make sure it's nothing." I told her and she nodded.