Chapter 8: EMPTY GOLD.

Overall, I loved school. Addison Trail was amazing. Looking back- I should've not worried about the future and just live while I was young.

yep.

Those were the days. Derrick was amazingly cute, and I noticed... Jocelyn kept following this boy. He obviously saw her, but she didn't want to hear that. After school J, Brayan, Callie, and I went down to the football field where Derrick was playing. Through sessions of watching him play and looking back at the bleachers, Brayan and Jocelyn nagged about this "senior Bae". I looked at derrick, he quickly shot a glance at me. My head snapped back so quick I almost snapped my neck died.

Like..

OMG IS THAT A MOLDY PEICE OF GUM THERE? WOW! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF GUM!!! I BET I HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF DATING IT THAN I WILL EVER HAVE WITH DERRICK.

I looked over at brayan. he was glaring down a boy that was walking down the field.

ME: ooh who is that Brayan??
BRAYAN: nobody!

he blushed. I put my hand on his shoulder.

BRAYAN: promise you wont tell anyone?

ME: promise.

BRAYAN: well... that's the guy I like..

I did not know what went through my mind. I screamed and squealed. the football players turn to look at the bleachers. Derrick laughed across the field. the boy stopped and looked at brayan, he smiled and waved. Brayan waved back.

BRAYAN: That's Izael.

Me: cute!

The practice eventually ended and derrick bounded up the bleachers to us. Jocelyn had went to a hotdog place with Brayan and Callie a block away. It was just me and Derrick.

Me: your pretty good at football D.

D: thanks

he gave me a golden smile.

D: Hey i gotta quickly go somewhere wait here? We're having a party at home cuz you know..

His face turned reddish-pink

D: dad isn't home.

I giggled. I slapped his cheek twice.

Me: okay.

I bounded down the bleachers, step by step.
.......................1 hour later

To say derrick took long, is being modest. the sky was setting and i was sitting in the middle of the field. Halsey serenaded my ears. Roman Holiday was seeping through my headphones.
I finally came to a conclusion that Derrick had forgot me.... So i started walking home.

Our house wasnt too far. It was probably 10 minutes away from addison trail. As i walked down the street to our house there was a low rumble. Then some song lyrics started being more coherent.

"WE WONT WALK AWAY FROM EMPTY GOOOOLD"

We wont walk away from empty..?
MY OH MY, MISS AMERICAN PIE.

They were playing halsey. More exact, they were playing Empty gold.

i bolted towards my house. To see an explosion of colors, cups, lights, shirtless guys, and canabis smoke.

I pushed through the smoked and tried not to feel down some drunk unsuspecting football players. I TRIED.

I went upstairs because i wasnt part pf that life. Bye momma *lip smack*

Upstairs i found jocelyn and callie chatting it up. Callie was fondling a bushy bearded man. And jocelyn watched. How awkward...

Jocelyn broke out in a fit of laughter.

Callie moaned.

Callie: UHHHH DADDY.

I broke out in tears of laughter. I crumpled to the ground. The guy looked at me. He stopped and looked down at callie. He pulled up his boxers and ran out the door.

Callie: FUCK! CORY WHAT THE FUCK I WAS GETTING MY GROOVE ON WITH JAMES FRANCO. FUCK HES SO HOT!!!

Jocelyn rolled off the bed.
Derrick knocked on the door.

Derrick: can i c-come in?
He was stuttering

Jocelyn walked out the door. With a pizza box.

Callie walked out, smacking her ass.
Jocelyn screamed and slapped her.

Callie: FUCK.

Derrick locked the door and walked towards me. He sat on the bed.
Flightless bird american mouth started  blaring through the speakers.

Derrick looked down.

D: im sorry i left you.
Me: yeah you better be.
D: i need to talk to you.

We was shaking. I sat down next to him.

He stood up and took my hand. He pulled my body up to his until there wasnt an inch separating us.

His hands were at my side and we were swaying slowly to the beat of the song.

I was extremely confused. Was this a joke???

Derrick:  i really need to thank you cory.
Me: for what? I havent done anything..?
D: you've given me so much already.

I looked at his eyes. His eyes were glimmering with tears.

He stiffled  a cry.

He looked at me and smiled.

Me: what have i given you?

Derrick: hope.

AND WE KNOW THAT WERE HEAD STRONG AND OUR HEARTS GONE  AND THE TIMINGS NEVER RIGHT. BUT FOR NOW LETS GET AWAY ON A ROMAN HOLIDAY.

** this chapter is dedicated to callie and jocelyn🌯🌯🍕🍕