"Nana," Madeline suddenly called out to her grandmother. "Why is he bigger than the usual wolfies we see?"

Her grandmother sighed, "Because, Maddie, he is an alpha. You remember what an alpha is, right?"

Madeline thought about it as she again nuzzled her face against his and giggled when Sol purred. "An alpha is a wolf who leads other wolfies. An alpha is bigger and stronger so he can protect them," Madeline explained with an awed voice making Sol look at her light brown eyes.

"That's right, baby. An alpha leads and protects what is his. The very ground we stand on, is his." Madeline turned to look at her grandmother's back in surprise then down to the ground. She immediately moved to her grandmother as her grandmother looked at her confused. "What's wrong Maddie?" She asked worriedly.

Madeline looked to her frightened, "Does that mean..." She stopped and gulped, moving closer to her grandmother for some sort of comfort.

Her grandmother threw her head back and laughed. "Oh dear god, Maddie, no! He will never hurt you, sweetheart. If he was going to, he would have done so when you first met him."

Madeline's eyes slowly lit back up. "Really?"

Her grandmother grabbed her face and kissed her head, "Really, really, sweetheart. Now go back over to him before he gets upset."

Madeline nodded and moved back to him as he encircled her and laid back down. She smiled and sat down, leaning her tiny body against his head and started playing with his fur as Sol closed his eyes in content.

No soon after, Madeline drifted off into a deep slumber. Sol watched as she moved closer to his chest and curled her tiny arm around his leg like a pillow. "Madeline's parents abandoned her when she was a baby," Her grandmother then said in a soft voice. She took a deep sigh, "I had raised my son better than that. I don't know what came over him but as soon as he dropped her off and was about to leave forever, I told him that he was no longer my son."

She turned to looked at Sol with glazed angry eyes, "I told him that if he ever comes back into this little girl's life, I was going to kill him and his mate myself. I told him that if he even steps foot into my home radius, I was going to shred him apart with no mercy or regret. From here on out, my son is dead to me."

Sol looked at her emotionless then back down to his little tired mate who suddenly yawned and turned to face the other way with a low growl making him nuzzle her back softly. "It's still too early to be with her yet. Tell me what you want to do, Alpha," she said.

He carefully stood and laid his little mate down on the ground as he moved to a tree where his clothes were and shifted. Putting his clothes on, he went back over and picked Madeline up and held her in his arms. "I want to keep her close," he said as he stroked her soft cheek making her growl again and swat his hand away making him deeply chuckle. "Why not join my pack? Therefore, I can protect the both of you."

He looked to Madeline's grandmother as she stared at him with an unreadable expression. "I've been born and raised up as a rogue all my life Alpha. I do not know the rules and protocol of a pack member."

Sol shook his head, "Don't worry about a thing..." He paused, not knowing her name.

"Kim Jenkins," she said as she gave him a warm smile.

He returned her smile, "Sol."

"But like I was saying, you don't have to worry about a thing. It'll take a awhile but my pack will be more than willing to help you cope with a new environment. If you two leave now, my wolf might just go in a frenzy just to find her. He was about to just minutes ago before Madeline showed up."