"Madeline!" Called out a woman's voice. "Madeline sweetheart! Where are you?!"

He snapped his eyes open and turned towards the sound of the voice as his little mate did the same. Madeline...he whispered.

"Madeline?!" The woman's voice sounded even more worried.

"I have to go," his little mate said urgently. "That's nana calling me." Just as she started to run off, Sol growled lowly. They didn't want her to leave. Madeline stopped immediately and ran back and gave him a tight hug. "Until we meet again, wolfy," she whispered. She backed away and gave him the most beautiful smile he had ever seen as he whined, not wanting her to leave even more. She waved to him as she ran off.

As much as he wanted to follow her, he knew he shouldn't. Couldn't. Shouldn't, because she was yet too young. Couldn't, because he had a pack to take care of and a territory to keep. Until we meet again, little one.

The next day came and Sol came back to the place where they met. And he waited. And waited. And waited.

"Alpha," his beta came through the link as he moved to stand beside him. "I'll take your spot if you like."

Sol glared at the area around him as his wolf growled in irritation. "A few more hours, Jackson," Sol grunted out and started pacing slowly back and forth, keeping his eyes out for both rogues and his little mate. His beta laid down on his stomach and placed and his head on his legs. "Sol, she's just a little kid. You really think she's going to remember her way back here man?"

Sol snarled at him as Jona gave him a wolfy scoff and turned his head away. "Whatever man. Starve yourself if you will," Jackson sighed out as he looked around like Sol. "But I'll have you know, you're crazy."

For another hour they patrolled the area and just when Sol was about to angrily give up, his little mate showed up in her little red hoodie, black skinny jeans and red and black shoes. Her hair was up in a ponytail as it swung left to right as she walked. When she picked up her head from looking where she going so she wouldn't trip, a bright big smile crossed her face as she darted forward. "Wolfy!" She cried happily as Sol walked towards her with his heart beating rapidly.

His beta stared at them in awe as he got to his feet and walked away, linking with others to stay out of the area.

Madeline ran to him as she buried herself into his wolfy chest. Sol purred satisfied and hung his head, brushing it against her as she giggled. "I missed you too!" She said as she pulled away to hug his head.

Sol went down on his stomach to at least be to her eye level but he was yet to tall for her short height. Madeline smiled as she nuzzled her face onto his. "Gosh darn it, Maddie!" Scolded a woman as she walked out from the dense trees. "How the heck did you get so far over here anyways?!" As the woman looked up, Sol immediately stood and growled, scaring the poor woman. The woman jumped back and held a hand to her chest then glared at him with a motherly glare. "Oh yeah? Well if it ain't for her cute little pouting face, we wouldn't be out here in the first place," she snapped.

Madeline gasped, "Nana! Don't yell at wolfy!"

Her grandmother moved her eyes from Sol to her granddaughter's and immediately her anger dispersed. She rolled her eyes and seated herself down on a fallen log, "Yeah, yeah." She waved her hand in a dismissive manner and turned her back to them. "Two hours, Maddie and we are out of here before it gets dark, okay?"

Sol lightly growled as Madeline turned around and gave him a smile to which it had automatically knocked his slight anger out of the window and replaced it with happiness. He went back down on his stomach and lowered his head so Madeline was able to rub his forehead and behind his ear.