One Year Does Change You

(A/N: I didn't have any other idea of a kid around their age)
Charlie's POV

I make a dramatic entrance as I enter through the side of room.

I watch Riley as her jaw drops. I look at her friends and they all have the same reaction...except for Maya.

She's just intensely staring at me.
Hmm, I wonder why (Sarcastic). I left and never said a single word to any of them.

Oh yeah, about them....
I'm still not sure about my feelings, its all over the place.

I finally join the group and we get directed to the rope climb. I can tell that Farkle and Riley are scared of falling.

I guess I understand why, I mean, it's like 8ft from the ground and the only thing you're holding onto is the rope at the top. It's like a ladder going horizontally.

Oh, and the best part?
If you fall, you have to catch them. *Lucky us*.

"Who's going first?" I demand.

Silence.

"Is everyone here a whimp?"

That's right, I changed. I have a reputation now, and I intend on keeping it.

I watch as all of Riley's friends mouths drop open. Except Maya, again. This time, I can tell she was taken aback.

"Well?"

No one answers again.

"Let's just pick from a hat." Maya says while rolling her eyes.

"Sure, but no one here has a hat." Says Farkle.

I watch as Maya looks around, as she does, everyone else starts looking in the direction she's looking at.

She leaves.

"Maya, where are you going?" Riley questions.

'I'll be back' is all she said before she walked off.

(While she left, everyone introduced themselves.)
------------------

"Back." She says with a hat in her hand. It looks like a magicians hat or something...

"Where'd you get that from?" Gabe asked.

"Drama." She just said and we all decided not to question her.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, this year, we have to take music, art, and drama. It sucks. (A/N: I know that's not how school works, but let's just say it switch's from each one every day.)

They finished writing names and we picked out the first name.

"Farkle." Lucas said.

"I'd rather not..." Farkle said.

"You have to. No excuses, unless you're scared." Shannon, Alice and I start laughing but no one else did so it died down quickly.

I watch Maya grab Farkle and her friends. They start talking and somehow got him to agree. Wow. They are miracle workers.

"Don't worry Farkle, we've got you." Lucas said to him, trying to reassure him.

Maya and Riley cheer him on and soon, my friends do too. I find it odd for my ex -Friends to be friends with my new friends.

Farkle took a while but he made it.

"Next," Maya says.

"Shanna" I say.

She freaks out and manages to get by faster than Farkle.

When she's done, I see makeup coming off her face.