Chapter 18 - I hope you're okay

Start from the beginning

Anyway, I reach home a little late having gone to do grocery shopping. The gate of our building is wide open when I enter and it helps me walk easily with my hands filled with shopping bags. On arriving to my floor, I rush and reach my apartment, keeping the bags on the ground. I fish the keys from my handbag and unlock the door.

Once I enter, I jog to the kitchen and thump the stuff on kitchen counter and come back in the sitting area to grab the couch. I release a deep sigh and think of my day in office today. Suddenly my phone buzzes and I fetch it out from my denims' pocket.

Seeing Liam's number flash on the screen I smile a tad, assuming they must be hosting another party tonight. I answer the call at its fifth ring.

"Hey, having another pa...." I get cut.

"Please just come here, Nadia. Something is wrong with Niall," Liam says, and quickly hangs up.

I can't figure out a thing that just happened, but find myself rushing out of my apartment anyway. I close the door and run towards Liam's place.

The door is ajar when I reach and I hear ear-cracking vomiting noises coming from inside. I enter as my eyes search for either of the boys.

"Liam?" I call out.

"In here," he instantly answers.

I jog inside the room from where his voice comes, and confront the horrific picture of Niall coughing blood on the floor. He wears a cream colored vest and faded denims. His hair is all messy and the collar bones are very conspicuous. His eyes are those of utter pain and gloom. I don't know how, but this breaks my heart and makes me choke inside. I can't believe this is happening to Niall, and I don't know why I'm feeling absolutely heartbroken about it.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask as I run to help Niall.

"I...I don't know," Liam replies, his voice a tad cracked.

I look in Liam's eyes and feel that he might be hiding something. However, instead of wasting my time in unraveling that mystery I focus on helping Niall. He has now crashed on the floor due to coughing and I circle an arm round his back to hold him get his balance back.

"It's okay, it's okay, you don't wanna vomit anymore, it's gone, it's over," I say while rubbing circles on his back.

He breathes heavily and after sometime nods silently.

"Liam, may I get a hand?" I raise my eye brows at him.

"Yeah," he nods as both of us help Niall stand on his feet and lie down on his bed.

I sigh and look down on all the mess that the blood has created. It freaks me out, but I conceal my fear regardless.

"Would any of you please tell me now what the fuck just happened?" I ask, my voice raises an octave.

Niall looks down, gasping while Liam glances at his cousin.

"Liam?" I scream now.

He takes a deep breath. "I think Niall needs to be admitted to the hospital."

"Like I didn't realize that already," I roll my eyes. "What are we waiting for then? I'll call an ambulance," I turn on my heels, and grab Niall's mobile from the nightstand.

But, even before I'm able to dial; Liam takes away the phone from my hand.

"What the hell?" I throw my hands in the air.