Chapter Nineteen

"Caveman"

"Accepting is the hardest part when it comes to love."

★♥★

"Are you really going to sit here all night like some loner when others are dancing and having fun around you?" Zane asked as he sat besides Derek and took the glass of Champaign from the waiter passing by.

"What do you want me to do?" Derek questioned Zane as he ran his hand through his hair and took a sip from the cup of coffee he was holding. Clearly, he was irritated.

"Just go to that blonde who has been eyeing you since you were standing on the aisle besides Dean." Zane pointed out the girl standing near the table on which the wedding cake was kept. She was looking, more like drooling on Derek.

"Oh, please Zane. Get over yourself. Can't you just stop being such a douche for once? I am not just interested in any girl." Derek said agitated.

"Touché." Zane shook his head and chuckled lightly. "Someone is in a bad mood." Zane continued.

"For God's sake, just leave me alone. I don't need a baby sitter." Derek hit Zane's head lightly.

Zane looked down into the cup Derek was holding and shook his head.

"Heck, I can't even say, don't drink, because I know you don't drink but I couldn't help but notice that so far you've gulped down around nine cups of coffee, including this one," he gestured towards the cup Derek held between his fingers, "This much caffeine! Do I need to play Mum for you?" Zane looked at Derek and put his hand on his hand.

"Derek, get over her. She is off limits, okay. You yourself said that... Stop acting like some Romeo in a Shakespearean classic, fighting his battle for his beloved. Get over yourself. It's like an old school classic drama which is making me crazy. You are my brother and I can't see you like this." Moving his hand to shake Derek's shoulder lightly, Zane ranted off.

"I know...I know that. Do you think I don't? I know how sappy and pathetic it is, all at once *Mr. IDGF*. But it's on a rewind mode in my head. It just keeps on repeating and replaying memories. It's been weeks since that day but still I can't get out of it. I can't get over it. It's just..." Derek signed deeply.

"Brother, you are so damned. Get this love flu away from me. I don't want to get infected by it. But I tell you one thing you know, that the earth is round. It's simple physics, just wait for some time, if it is meant to be, I mean if she is meant to be in your life, alongside you, it will happen. Until then, just don't stop living your life. What's happened can't be undone. Give it some time, some space and time to it, some physics to your life. And let it work itself."

"Wait...did you just come up with a sensible advice?" Derek asked Zane as the corner of his lips twitched upwards to form what is known as the ghost of a smile.

"Oh! Just forget what I said. One Derek is just enough for the world, I think, I don't want to be another saint like you. Totally boring... You know, God must have been very proud of you. But me..." Zane stood up and put his hand on Derek's shoulders,shaking his head at him to add a very dramatic affect to it.
"I am disappointed in you, son."
He took his hand off Derek's shoulders and looked back, whistling lightly.
"BTW, I am going to that blonde and I hope, she won't mind a brother. I do look like you, don't I?"
He winked and walked away.

"And and..." He came back running to Derek again. Derek looked at him questioningly because he had just came back from halfway.

"You look like a caveman. Go and get yourself a better refreshment than this stupid low diet coffee..." He pointed at the cup, scowling at it and then ran back in the direction of the blonde.