53

"Excuse me?!" He gapes at me in shock.

"Six years ago, when I was seventeen, I was t-tricked into loving somebody who merely used me...well, for my body, I suppose. He got me pregnant and I gave birth to a...a son. I named him Elijah James. After he was born...w-well, his father was outraged that I was no longer speaking with him. He—" I gasp.

"He what, Essie?" His expression has softened and he looks at me with warm, concerned eyes.

I look down. "My father was v-very religious, and was outraged that I'd gotten pregnant so young and out of wedlock. He forced me to meet up with Elijah's father to talk about parenting arrangements a-and such. I didn't want...I didn't want to meet him somewhere alone, so w-we agreed to meet at a park, where it was nice and open. I had to take Elijah so that the two of them c-could meet, a-and..."

At this point, Paul's hand is resting on my leg. He squeezes it in an act of comfort and I continue to speak, even as I struggle to catch my breath.

"Th-There was a pond at the park and h-he—oh God. H-He said he wanted to take the baby on a walk in his stroller and I...I d-don't know what I was th-thinking, but I let him. He t-took the stroller a-and...o-oh God, he sent Elijah straight into the w-water! He...He dr-drowned my b-baby!"

I showed my Pop Culture teacher my Beatles magazine, he's judging me so hard 😂😂

Go sign Dreamlovegood901's Buddy Holly petition and watch her video! Links in the comments!