Doesn't Stay in Miami (pt. 1)

Lucas straightened up as he saw a car with Alex and Joshua pulling up in front of the restaurant. Nick cleared his throat as the car was handed off to a valet and Alex led the way in to their table. "Lucas, Nick, this is our head of operations here in Miami, Jack, with his right hand Kent," Alex introduced briefly.

Lucas shook hands with Jack and Kent before they all sat down to the table. "So, Lucas, you're ah... the new up and comer?" Jack questioned, glancing towards Nick. "And you?"

"He's just here for bar tending training," Joshua chimed in firmly. "So let's keep this casual."

Jack nodded in understanding as he took a sip of his drink. "And well, Lucas will be learning bookkeeping from Kent here," he said. "And while you're all on your vacation here, we can set up cars and company as needed."

"We can set up a lunch date for tomorrow to get started," Kent suggested. "And I'll set Nick up at one of our more casual bars until he gets comfortable." He raised his drink up with a smile. "But until then, let's just enjoy dinner, yeah?"

Lucas caught the hint and joined in on a toast before they ordered food. He grudgingly noted he was the only one who didn't have an alcoholic drink, and Jack chuckled at it. "The baby of the table, then," he teased. "You're missing out."

Lucas rolled his eyes. "I don't really care." He still couldn't help but sound bitter about it.

Joshua sighed and nudged his glass in Lucas' direction. Lucas frowned at the clear liquid with suspended mint leaves. "What is it?"

"A mojito," Joshua answered. "You can try it if you want."

Lucas sniffed at it first, smelling the mixed alcohol before actually taking a sip. He cringed at the strong taste and the table was laughing at him again. "It has white rum in it," Alex pointed out. "You're welcome to try some whiskey if you want." He offered up his own tumbler then.

Lucas shook his head, deciding he was done with trying alcohol. "I'm fine, thanks."

"You realize you're going to be my test subject on mixing drinks, right?" Nick suggested with a laugh.

"Well, I'm going to hate everything you make, so be prepared to be the worst bartender ever," Lucas griped. "That was too strong."

"I'll find something that you'll like," Nick offered. "Something fruity I'm guessing." He waggled his eyebrows jokingly, so Lucas gave him a punch in the arm. It only made Nick laugh more, though the joke was obviously lost on Jack and Kent for the time being.

They made it through dinner with meaningless chatter about the Miami scene. They mingled outside the restaurant as they waited for the cars to be brought up by the valets, and Jack tsked in disapproval. "Alex, why are you driving this? I can get you a nicer car. Nick and Lucas, you too. What is that, a BMW?"

Alex snorted and waved him off. "This car is fine."

"You just never enjoy the finer things in life," Jack countered.

"I just prefer to stay within reason. I don't need a flashy car, it only draws more attention in." Alex huffed defensively and waited at the car door. "Come on, Joshua."

Alex and Joshua loaded into their car while Nick took the driver's side of the other with Lucas. Lucas sunk gratefully into the seat once they were alone. "I can't even drive," he admitted. "So I don't really care what kind of car we have. You or someone else has to take me everywhere anyways."

"So I've been promoted to chauffeur, eh?" Nick pretended to sound excited about it. He drummed his fingers listlessly on the steering wheel. "I feel like I put a cramp in the dinner. They weren't expecting me there, were they?"