Chapter III

Y/N's POV

"Mother of Irene..." I slowly looked around the room. It was all messy, and there were flies everywhere! I swatted one that was flying towards me, and I see Zane walking down the stairs. He had a normal tuxedo that most guys wearing formal clothing would wear, and still had his mask on. Man, doesn't it ever get stuffy in there? Well, if he's comfortable with it then I guess it's fine.

"... You were NOT supposed to be here this early..." Zane said.

"... Whoops."

"Anyways... *snap*" Zane snapped his fingers, and maids came rushing to him. "Please hurry and fix this mess up. It is almost time for brunch."

The maids nodded, and went off their way to do their task 'Master' Zane had given them.

"Why do they call you Master Zane?" I asked, a bit curious.

"*sigh* Father told them to call me that, although I don't enjoy being called that. He said I would get used to it later in the future, but I still haven't fully accepted that yet." Zane explained.

"M-Master Zane!" A voice called from behind. "W-We have... Dreadful... News..."

Maids came running inside from the outside of the castle, and were on the verge of tears.

"What is it?!" Zane scurried over to them, and helped them straighten up, so they had more room for their lungs to breathe.

"S-Ships... A-Are arriving f-from the sea! They're humongous! T-There's guards attacking, while our kingdom's guards are defending, and Lord Garte is missing!" A maid fainted, and her fellow maid friends caught her.

"... Where's Garroth?" Zane calmly said.

"I-In Phoenix Drop, remember?" A voice said from behind us.

"Iqual. Do not stutter. Where is Ma-"

"She's upstairs grabbing as many supplies as she can, please, go help her." Iqual ran back upstairs, and Zane grabbed my hand and we rushed upstairs.

"Sorry, but take your clothes off." Zane said. That earned him a big slap, and he yelped in pain.

"Y-YOU! P-PERV!" I stuttered.

"I MEANT GO TO YOUR ROOM AND CHANGE! I'M BAD AT PHRASING THINGS ALRIGHT?!" Zane pushed me into my room and I slammed the door. A knock can from my door again, and I hesitantly opened the door. Mertha rushed in and handed me an outfit, and ran out.

I shrugged, and quickly put on the clothing. There was a f/c shirt with a matching pair of pants, and a nice f/c silky bra. There was a f/c pair of underwear, and a cute pair of f/c stud earrings. A f/c headband and a white watch, and a cute f/c jacket.

I wore my favorite necklace they gave me with a f/c jewel, and a pair of running shoes. I sped out, bringing only a small bag of whatever I needed to survive.

"ZANE! WHERE ARE YO- MPH!" I ran into a hard, cold wall, and I rubbed my nose. I sat down, tears at edge.

"Heh... Better watch where you're going y/n." Zane picked me up, and put me on his shoulder.

"A-AYE! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?!" I wiggled around trying to loosen his grip, but he held on tighter.

"We're running away. We will seek refuge at either Scaleswind, or even better, Phoenix Drop. Grab your things and we will need to move. Now." Zane threw me off, and I yelped.

"Fine!" I stuck my tongue out at him, and went to grab a big bag, for all my clothes and anything else. After grabbing everything I could, I ran downstairs, nearly tripping on the carpet.

"-Look, Father, we need to move." I just barely turned the corner when I heard two voices talking, and I backed away.

"I am NOT moving from here, we have made so much progress on this kingdom, I can NOT let my hard work go to waste." A stern voice replied.

"Suit yourself. Me and my friend are moving out."

"Good luck finding shelter, oh, and by the way, Garroth and Vylad are DEAD." The voice grew faint as the figure walked farther away, leaving the other figure alone.

"Y/n." I jumped as I peeked around corner.

"Z-Zane?!" I asked.

"Yes, it is I. We must go."

"But what were you and that person talking abo-?"

"I'll explain later. Right now, we need to get out of here." I heard his voice crack a bit, and his eyes were glossy.

"O-Ok. I'll head outside..." I trudged my way out, but Zane stopped me.

"No, stay by the dining room. I don't want those guards coming in and hurting you." Zane led me to the dining room and had me sit there, while I waited for him.

~A few minutes later~

"Sorry, I had to find Mertha and Iqual so we could head out together." Zane took his backpack and put it on his back, Mertha and Iqual were following him, doing the same. I copied, and Zane peered out the door.

"Run." Zane dashed out the door and I quickly followed, Mertha and Iqual right behind me.

I hope this will go well.

~End of Chapter III~