≈ t h i r t y ≈

Family chapter because I love them and you can't complain because I have a little James in there??

He's in the next one, too. And next three. I know some of you might be getting a little irritated with the lack of him in these chapters, but I should let you know that every reason and filler is for a reason. While I love the idea of having contemporary romance, it's very difficult trying to wrap the entire story around it, and that is why this story is under the "humour" category.

This book explores family, friendship, and other teen related problems. This is not just a reduction to teens flirting, no matter how much you love them. Even so, I love James a little too much NOT to put him in every chapter after this, so you're in luck!

I also noted that a few of you didn't enjoy some jokes made in the preview, so I revised them to be more racially acceptable. If you still feel offended, you're free to send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE THAT HELP ME MAKE it better for you. However, I do believe its all up to you.

ALSO, while I promote Radish (I'm going to use it just for Why She Drowned and Straighter than Parallel Parking), it's still going to be up on Wattpad and FREE right now on both sites :) Not in it for the money as much as for the readership.

•∞•

{ Chapter Thirty: Escape Plans for the Adopted Devil }

HER BROTHERS REACTED TO THE NEWS AS well as Janice expected them to when her father finally took them aside and clued them in. Janice wasn't surprised or upset when her brother's immediately came to her to vent out their (very vocal) thoughts on the subject (even a little smug they came to her, first off).

No, it just irked her when they decided to head right over when she was in the middle of her work shift.

"I hear you," Janice says, blatantly lying through her teeth. She was too busy eyeing her brothers' burgers. Taking her out halfway to drag her to the cafeteria seemed almost cruel. "This is absurd."

"We should protest!" Aàron mumbles around his sandwich. "We won't do our laundry for a week!"

Alejandro turns to his twin. "Wait, I do your laundry."

Aàron snaps his fingers. "Brilliant. This is a win-win."

Karlo slurps his drink before he can choke on it. "I don't think boycotting the washing machine will do us any good. Besides, what do we even protest? No one actually wants to host this thing in the first place."

"Exactly," Alejandro nods. "Why did papa even agree? This is subjecting us to torture through children and child-adults."

"It's atrocious." Janice eyes the fries. "Atrocious."

"And what is it with all this sudden family love, anyways?" Alejandro continues. "Because I don't remember them attending any of our birthdays since we were, what, ten?"

"It might have something to do with cousin Missy mouthing off Janice and you punching her brother in the face," points out Karlo.

"Wait," Janice says, tuning into the conversation, "why her brother? He was the one who let me play with his cards."

"Janice," Alejandro says flatly, "you don't hit girls."

"I still have a bruise from when you threw me into the wall last week."

"That's different!" Alejandro says. "I needed to take the shower more than you did. And, well, you're less girl and more Janice."

Janice looks affronted. "Why does everyone always use that as an excuse?"