Falling and crashing

"Log Date 6-1- ah forget it!"

I swat my arm away, and let out a huge sigh.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, "Day... what is it? 23? Well whatever day it is, I'm sick of this pod. Sustenance ran out two days ago, water is gonna run out by tomorrow. All systems are offline except for logs, so I guess this is how I'm going out. Talking to myself..."

I lean forward and turn the record switch off. I also pull the blackout visor closed. So, I know what you're all thinking, 
"Why in the world are you in a broken down pod?"

There is a story for this, but I don't really want to think about it right now; it isn't a very fun story to tell.

What I will tell you, is about me. I'm Sapphire, I'm 13 years old as of three days ago. That also happened to be the day my pod broke down; some birthday, huh?

Well, I'm three-quarters sapphire. My father was half, and my mother was full. I'm not aware of the specifics, only because my dad never told me.

Not like I'm gonna figure anything out anytime soon. I'm gonna die before I even find Earth.

I feel sweat start to bead up on my forehead... are hot flashes common when you're near death?

My sweating doesn't let up, and soon, I'm burning up.

"What in the stars?"

I unzip my spacesuit to reveal my regular clothes, allowing some air to cool me off. It doesn't help, cause I'm still burning up!

I lean forward to open the blackout visor. I look out the window to see my FREAKING POD ON FIRE!

"HOLY SH-"

Without warning, the alarms started blaring. The sudden change of volume made me cover my ears.

"I need to get out of this thing!"

I poke around at the control panel, eventually finding the eject button. The top of the pod flys off, sucking me out due to the differences in air pressure.

After stabilizing in the air, I take this time to get my bearings.

I'm free falling through the atmosphere of some random planet.

"Great! This is just perfect!"

Uh oh...

The ground is getting closer...

Oh no... I think maybe I'm getting closer to the ground.

"OH GOD, I'M GOING TO DIE!"

I flap my arms to try and slow my descent, but it's just making me look like an idiot.

I close my eyes to try and avoid my fate.

But something happened...

Hey team, it's been a while. I know I said I was discontinuing this book, but I think it was bothering me. Whatever I wrote four years ago could probably hurt some feelings, so I'm just gonna rewrite it, for my sake.
Adios amigos
- Bacongirl500x