Chapter 9

I have been on vacation for a while now, so I have been quite busy. Sorry for all the short chapters and minimal updates. You guys will have to be patient with me, because I am not a great writer who can write a chapter a day.

Just to let you now, these next few chapters may be pretty short. I am kind of losing connection with this story so inspiration isn't striking me as quickly. I am not giving up on it, I just may be taking a break from writing to get ideas together.

But the break shouldn't happen yet, I still have a few ideas left.

Anyways. Here is the next part.

Chapter 9-Cooper POV

<She's walking away.>

"Yes," I thought back to my wolf.

<You are letting her walk away.>

"Yes," I repeated.

<We are not going after her?>

"Not yet," I said.

<When?>

"Soon, now stop nagging me."

My wolf retreated into his space in my mind and waited for my next thought. He had not wanted to let her get past us and into the camp, he had wanted to drag her back into the abandoned building and claim her before the tournament.

His human side, however, could see her distress. He realized that she knew that he would beat her, and that she was afraid of him because he was stronger. He wanted to let her go so she could coop with her current situation without stressing her.

<Her wolf is in distress, you know.> My wolf said, interrupting my thoughts.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

<Her and her wolf disagree when it comes to us. The wolf wants us, the human does not.>

"Well that much is obvious, but what is wrong with a difference of opinion?"

<Nothing, usually. When it blows over quickly. I didn't sense this going over quickly. The wolf and the human are both incredibly stubborn.>

I chuckled. Yes, they are both very stubborn.

"What can we do?" I asked him.

<Win the girl over, or give them both up.>

"Don't ever mention the second option again!" I growled.

<Agreed. So win the human over?>

"Yes, but our tournament is in a few says. How can I win her over before then?"

<Pee on her.>

"If I could kick you, I would."

<Don't win her over before, leave her alone for now. Protect from a distance. Then after the battle, win her over.>

I nodded my head. Watching her from a distance was a fine idea, but I would have preferred to be closer.

"Distance for now is fine."

CHLOE POV

I ran and ran as fast as my legs would carry me. I couldn't hear any footfalls behind me, so my guess was that he wasn't chasing me. I kept up my pace though, if not speed up. The faster I got away from him, the better.

"Are you going to talk to me now?" I asked my wolf. Like I had expected, there was no answer. I had never heard of a wolf completely separating herself from her human, but I didn't think it would last long. We needed each other.

"CHLOE!" I heard a yell come from my right and I let out a scream as I was tackled from the side.

"GET OFF ME GET OFF ME GET OFF ME!" I yelled.

"Dude, chillax. Summer didn't freak out as much as you did."

I pried my eyes open and looked into the eyes of my sister, Brittney.

"Dammit, you scared the shit out of me. What's wrong with you!"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your next tournament is in like, an hour. Everybody has been looking for you like crazy. We thought you had run away."

"Well here I-"

"Then we noticed that Alpha Cooper was gone too..."

I growled.

"So we stopped worrying as much."

"Wow, he could have been murdering me or something. Glad you trust him so much."

She rolled her eyes at me.

"So, what were you doing?"

"Nothing, now get off me."

"Liar."

"Get off."

"You're a liar!" She sang in the air.

"Brittney, get off! I don't want to talk about it."

"Fine, you don't tell me your secrets. I won't tell you mine." She got off if me and sauntered away.

I groaned.

"Tell me."

"No."

"Brittney, tell me."

"YOU tell ME."

"I'll show you mine, if you show me yours." I challenged. She chuckled and turned around covering her mouth.

"You ready?" She asked.

"For goodness sakes...YES."

She bounced up and down, "IM IN LOVE WITH THE BETA!!"

"Well shit."

That's the end of the chapter. Sorry it's so short, don't hate me. Please comment and vote, those really do get me to update faster. The last chapter was kind of lacking on both, that may be why this update took so long. Anyways, happy reading. Hope everybody's summer is good. Fairwinds.