History Past

** This is a collaboration of OC one-shots; some of the original characters you all might know of and some will be relatively new.

This is a one-shot of one of my favorite Ocs, Curran Vails. If you've read Deathly Symmetrical, then you know who he is and his story with Eevee, but how much do you know of his past and his first meeting with Eevee?

Vote, comment, and make sure to check back for more stories --KooriAkuma

___________________________________________________________

Curran could remember the very first time he had laid eyes on Eevee. It was during a cold December day; Christmas morning, to be accurate. He remembered thinking she was some sort of large, mutated rodent that had found its way into his bed. She was small and pale and curdled up into a tiny ball underneath an old coat; large chocolate brown eyes stared at him.

“What the hell are you doing here?” he asked in a monotone voice, quite aware that the sort of language he was using should not be directed at the small girl. She blinked, and his nerves jerked with annoyance, “Get out.”

She had stayed perfectly still, didn’t move a muscle from beneath the large coat. All Curran could see were her large eyes watching him with alertness that resembled a fox’s awareness. He leaned forward, casting a shadow on her as he reached over with one hand. He stopped abruptly, her eyes piercing his wrist with the coldest of glares before wrapping her hand tightly around it.

Strange, he thought as he watched her narrowing eyes. That look shouldn’t be on a child’s face, unless, he leaned a bit closer, something had been done to her. He slowly pulled his hand back slightly, her eyes trailing on it attentively. Her eyes, though they were the color of a sweet, looked poisonous, dangerous, and something inside warned him to trend carefully.

Though thinking it was ridiculous to be wary of a child, Curran tried his best not to sound intimidating, not to seem freighting to her. Her small, frozen hand was still wrapped around his wrist and shaking terribly. Being out all night he thought his skin was freezing, but she felt colder than he did; a temperature that could only be described as below zero.

“What’s your name?” He asked slowly, softly, as he leaned in further.

The small girl blinked her eyes at him, tilting her head slowly to the side to make the coat fall back a fraction of an inch to reveal brown hair. She answered, in a small soft voice that was carried by the wind.

“E-Eevee . . .”

“Eevee . .?” He repeated making sure he had heard her correctly. She nodded slowly, assuring him that he had gotten it right. “Well, can you move over so I can fit? I don’t want to freeze to death out here . . . you’ll be warmer next to me, too.”

Eevee slowly removed her hand from his wrist, bringing it to her chest and hugging it tightly. Her whole body was trembling violently, and Curran had just realized it was because of him. She was terrified of him and he didn’t understand why. He hadn’t been as terrifying as he could have been, and he had just asked her what she was doing there. It wasn’t like he had mugged her, and she was just a little girl.

“I’m coming in anyway.” He announced when she didn’t answer and jumped into the crate next to her. “You’ll have to share the jacket—you can fit in a sleeve.”

When he turned towards Eevee, Curran noticed she had turned into a small cocoon near the corner of the crate. She was pressed to it so closely that he was sure it was because she wanted nothing to do with him. But that plan was hardly accomplishable as the crate was not big enough to give them any personal space. Most of Eevee’s body ended on top of Curran when he sought to find a way to make both of them comfortable.