Chapter One

Hi everyone!! I have finally got round to writing my first ever 5SOS bromance fanfic!!

I am so excited and I hope you all enjoy it! I chose to write Cashton since it was the most popular in the comments and it is one of my favorite ships in 5 Seconds of Summer.

This is a boyxboy fanfic so please don't read if you do not like or are not into that kind of story. For all the other amazing fans please feel free to read, comment and vote :)

I am also dedicating this first chapter to @over27tattoos because she is absolutely amazing and has been such a great supporter and prompted me to write this fanfic! This one's for you babe, thank you! <3

I love all of you and want to thank each and every single one of you for reading, commenting, and giving me the idea to write this story! Without you all I never would have even considered making a bromance fanfic so thank you to all of my sexy fans and readers! Enjoy the story :)

Sophie Horan Tomlinson Irwin xxxxxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

Ashton's POV

"Stupid ass boy band 5 Seconds of Sucks," I grumbled as I slammed my laptop screen down. That was the third time in two weeks that stupid band had come up on my YouTube.

I hate them so much. They can't even perform a single song. They screw up every single time and can't act their age. They just act like five year olds and still get tons of views and likes.

The last band I was in broke up four months ago. Now I just sit at home and play the drums to myself. I know, so pathetic. What else do I do? I can't form my own band. I just don't have the skill to handle my own band.

I sighed and pushed my computer away. I needed to get out. "I'm heading out mum," I called without waiting for an answer. I grabbed my keys and slammed the door behind me.

I climbed into my car and turned the music up as loud as it could go, blasting Coldplay. I smiled to myself and just started driving. I didn't even know where I was going I was just driving.

I put the window down, letting the warm Australian air blow against my face as I sped along the road. Soon I found myself driving the familiar road down to the beach. It was only a 15-minute drive from my house.

The only upside to living in Sydney was living so close to the beach. I had lived here for so long I knew all the best places to park and visit on the beach.

If I wasn't at home playing on the drums I was down here at the beach. I found it calming and serene to just sit down and listen to the ocean waves crashing against the shore.

"I fucking hate 5 Second of Shit. No talent at all. Can't even perform one song and act like their age. Why do they deserve to be YouTube famous?" I mumbled to myself as I parked the car.

I cut the engine and let my eyes fall shut, banging my hands down onto the wheel, hard. "Fuck..." I muttered as I pulled myself out the car and slammed the car door shut behind me. I locked the car and slipped the keys in my pocket.

I walked the half a mile walk to the perfect view of the beach, in my opinion. It was close enough to all the people where I could hear them and hear the excitement and happiness but far enough away that I was tucked out of the way and not seen by anyone.

I slipped up on my rock and looked out at the people on the beach. I instantly felt calmer, like the scene around me just sucked the anger right out of me.

I let my eyes wander around the people on the beach until they fell on a certain boy. He looked slightly familiar but I couldn't quite place it. He looked to be about my age and had dark skin and dark black hair.

I was drawn into him. This boy was just the definition of perfection. I couldn't take my eyes of him. He was beyond gorgeous. Wait, gorgeous? Can a guy be gorgeous? When did I think boys were gorgeous?

I shook my head but my eyes were drawn back to the tall, dark, Asian looking lad. I watched him as he messed about and kicked a football between him and what looked to be like his friend.

The two boys laughed and the sound of the mysterious boys' laughter floated over to me on the cool ocean breeze. I felt goose bumps travel down my spine and the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

'What's happening to me?' I thought to myself. The other boy came up and wrapped his arms around the Asian boys' shoulders. I felt my blood boil, jumping up from my spot. I quickly realized what I was doing and sat down.

The other boy, a tall and blonde kid who looked slightly emo, punched the mystery guy in the arm before disappearing off to the car park. My mystery guy, as I just came up with on the spot, sat down in the sand.

Now was my chance, I could go up and found out this beautiful boys' name. Maybe even get lucky enough to get his number. 'Woah, don't get ahead of yourself Irwin,' I thought to myself.

I jumped off the rock and started to head to the dark haired boy. I was about halfway there when they blonde haired boy came back into view. "Cal, you coming bro?" "Yeah, I'm on my way Mikey," the boy called back.

He grabbed his things and started to head to the blonde boy. I felt my heart plummet to the ocean floor as the boy of my dreams slipped from my grasp. "Wait," I whispered. "Cal. Cal. Cal." I repeated his name over and over as I headed back to my car.

I sat in the car and let my head hit the wheel, thinking over what just happened. Basically I just discovered I was gay. No scratch that, I know I still like girls and think they are sexy and beautiful. What was I? Bisexual?

Or was it just this boy, Cal? I had never thought of boys like that. It was just something about Cal. The way he looked. Everything about the way he looked had me hanging on by a thread.

I had this weird feeling deep down. It was like nothing I had ever felt before. It was almost like I knew way deep down it was more than a crush.

From that moment on, I swore to myself I would find Cal again. And next time I saw him, I would make him mine if it was the last thing I did before I died. I wanted him. No, correction, I needed him.

My life already felt empty without him. I felt this strange connection with him even though I hadn't even met him officially yet. It was if I had this strange feeling our paths would cross again. That something big would come out of all of this.

"And now I sound like some lovesick teen girl. I have officially gone crazy. I really need a life," I chuckled to myself. I turned the radio on and blasted Blink 182 all the way home to drown the thoughts of Cal running through my mind.