She was used to Felicity's awkward ramblings, Oliver's witty quips, and Barry's warm laugh.

Barry.
The image of his limp, unconscious form made her choke back a whimper.
She should've done something, anything but her body had immediately frozen in fear.

That sent another pang down her spine.
No matter how hard she tried to hide the fact she wanted to hide the feeling, an urge to hold his hand or see his smile was growing stronger.
She tugged at the ends of her hair, closing her eyes.

She heard the footsteps outside the door long before there was a knock.
A polite knock but she knew whoever was knocking would come in anyway.

A false sense of courtesy in a deadly place.
Her gray eyes flickered open and seemed to harden as the doorknob twisted in its socket.
A blank look replaced her features, an almost haunting look as she met the eyes of the man that had entered.

"Chekov."
The word ripped out of her mouth as if it pained her to say it.
Her tone made the man's grin widen.

"Alexandria, my dear."
He closed the door behind him.

"We meet again."

⚡️Hours earlier⚡️

"If I see one more police officer, I think I'm going to scream."

Pippin growled, Barry chuckling by her side.
"Yeah, I think we've had enough of the police today."

A nod was sent his way from her place on the couch, her head falling comfortably on his side.
She felt his lips press against her temple, then again near her jaw.
Her heart raced as he continued placing gentle kisses down her skin, lingering on a spot just under her jaw.

Her fingers ran up his forearm to grip his skin tightly.
"If you're trying to distract me, you sure know how to do it.
Her foggy gray eyes met his emerald ones as he chuckled huskily, a sound that sent chills down her spine.

"Can we make out now?"

She cracked a grin at that, feeling his hands crawl up her waist to run down her spine.

"As much as I would love to,"
Her lips were practically against his as she whispered to him in a teasing fashion.
"I still want to talk about this before we do anything we may regret."

He shuddered as her fingertips danced up his arm and down.
There was a brief moment of silence where both of them retreated into their thoughts, although her fingers still cradled his wrist in her hands loosely and his arms were still securely caging her body against his.

"Why don't we make eggs instead?" With that, she pulled apart, shooting him a mischievous grin.

"You only want me for my eggs." Barry mumbled begrudgingly but he still stood up.

"Of course I do." Pippin laughed, tugging herself up with some help from him.
She positioned herself in her usual spot on the counter next to the oven while Barry rummaged through the fridge.

"Are you scared?"

The question came seemingly out of nowhere and it made Pippin's eyes jerk towards Barry who didn't look up from his rummaging.

"About the fact a man I've known and tried to avoid for most of my life is now trying to kill me?" She retorted rather sharply.
"Of course not."

Barry shot her a questioning look.

"Look, I have you, Oliver, and a horde of police officers waiting to get this guy." She reassured, probably more to herself than Barry.
He placed his hands on either side of her legs while studying her with that inquisitive look of his.