Introduction

You ran away.

You didn't think about turning your back or make a glance behind.

You're just running. Running away from your home. Running away from your mistake.

You were afraid. You were filled with guilt. You were hysterical.

Flames lit the forest, giving you enough light. The moon hid behind the clouds and darkness covered the atmosphere.

Tears also ran down your cheeks, never planning on stopping. You kept running.

Until a tall figure appeared meters away from you. You fell to the forest floor while sobbing uncontrollably. You looked up and saw the figure just moved a few meters nearer. You laid there and watched the figure.

A staring contest began, although you found out that the figure has no eyes nor face. Just a slender figure wearing a business suit.

You somehow managed to calm yourself. Your sobs went silent moments after. You stared at the figure. Still has no face.

You slowly stood, not breaking the contact. Suddenly, static filled your ears. You winced and held your head. You noticed that the figure was gone, but the static was still ringing in your ears.

Soon, the annoying sound stopped and only crickets and the howling of the wind were heard, but not until you heard rustling behind you.

You turned your back and unsheathed your blood-covered blade, a reminder of your mistake. You found nothing but sensed its presence on your side.

You pivoted and managed to slash the figure's tentacle. It made static and stepped backward. You took this chance to jump and strangle the figure.

You accelerated and jumped, aiming the blade at the figure's chest. You can sense the thing's amusement in your move but a sly smile formed on your face.

You slid down to its legs and climbed its back. There you sank the blade into its nape. You jumped down and prepared for its move.

Black tendrils came out of its back and removed the blade. The wound quickly healed and your eyes widened. 'What kind of sorcery is this?' The figure aimed its tendrils at you but something just had to ruin its aim.

You fell to the ground, feeling numb from a particular pain in the back. You screamed in agony as white tendrils shot out of your back and moved on its own. Your tendrils attacked the figure and it was certainly surprised. Well, two can play a game.

You tried to stand up but the pain was just unbearable. It's the same pain you felt when you saw what your monstrosity did to your family, except that it's physical. You were oblivious of what's currently happening.

White tendrils wrapped around the man but it did not give up. He released more of its tendrils and tried to remove itself from the deadly grip.

Stars swirled and lines danced in front of you and soon, darkness enveloped your surroundings.

The white tendrils quickly fell to the ground as soon as you went unconscious. The figure paused and realized you were asleep. He teleported to the mansion to report the surprising encounter.

'Wake up, (y/n).'

'We have to run.'

'They're coming for us.'

•••

A/N: I'm sorry if it wasn't long. I'll try to make my parts long. And for any grammatical errors, apologies. This is my first time when it comes to horror/drama/action genre. Apologies again if my scenes aren't that accurate. But anyways, thank you!