Chapter 14||Preparations and chatting

**2 weeks before the wedding *

I'm lying on my bed, our bed, with Etienne. He's playing with my hair while I chat on the phone with Lola. She says she's almost done my dress and that I'll probably be able to see it tomorrow. I thank her and she continues chatting about the wedding. I sort of wanted the wedding to happen in Paris and Etienne said we could if we wanted to but I wanted it to be a small reception with just our closest friends and family. My parents, Seany, my grandparents, Etienne's mother (he won't invite his father), a few other relatives that we're close with, Lola and Cricket, Josh and Isla and Bridge. Bridge and I have totally made up now and she's going to be my Maid of Honour. I'm also going to have Lola and Isla. Etienne is having Josh as his best man and Cricket as his other groomsman. The wedding is going to take place in Lola's backyard. It's a huge haven of a backyard and we're just going to set up white lawn chairs and a nice little arch decorated with flowers. Mom and Seany are going to come up next week and Josh and Isla offered to stay in a hotel while they're there but we haven't taken them up on it yet.

I hang up the phone and look over at Etienne and kiss him. Isla Josh are out on a walk so it's just us. Etienne smiles and plays with the hem of my shirt questioningly. I don't protest. ((I'll save you the details ur welcome, well maybe u wanted details idk))

Etienne and I are lying asleep in our bed for the first time in weeks when Isla and Josh come home. I sit up sleepily when they come into our room. I don't think they even see that I'm awake and back out of the room. I hear them lay down on the couch and I smile sleepily. It's only 8:00 and I've already been asleep for about 2 hours but I cuddle up next to Etienne and am asleep instantly.
***
I wake up the next morning and pull on my dressing gown. I pull my hair into a bun. I walk into the living room to see Isla leaning against Josh, wiping away tears,

"Everything okay?" I ask. Josh looks up at me,

"She just told her parents she was pregnant," He says, rubbing her back. Isla sniffed slightly and looked at Josh,

"You're turn," she said, handing him his phone. He took it from her and dialled his number,

"Hi mom. I uh. Have something to tell you... you remember Isla? Ya well... uh..." he says into the phone. I bite my lip and back out of the room and into my room, even though I can still hear him. I know it's bad but I strain my ears,

"I uh... I got her pregnant." He says. I wince slightly at how blunt it is. He could of said that she was pregnant, but no. I knocked her up. Then for the next couple of minutes I could tell Josh just had to endure his parent's scolding. Etienne wakes up slowly behind me,

"What's going on?" He grumbles,

"Josh just told his parents about Isla."