Chapter One||Before Paris

I sat on Etienne's bed, swinging my legs,

"Hurry up!" I said, kicking his leg, "Lola and Cricket will be here any second!"

He laughed slightly, 

"I'm almost done, my dear." he said and flashed a smile,

"That's what you said 10 minutes ago!"

"Yes, except now I'm... done!" he said, tossing one last T-shirt into his suitcase and then zipping it closed, "now... I'm sure we'll have some time before Lola and Cricket show up..."

"Hmm..." I said with a laugh. I stood up slowly and walked over to him, he wrapped his arms around my waist and grinned. He kissed my nose and slowly moved his lips down until they reached my mouth, he slipped his tongue  into my mouth when there was a knock on the door,

"damn," he said and broke off of me, "sorry about this."

"Don't be sorry," I said, going to open the door, slightly disappointed, "Hey guys," I said to a grinning Lola and Cricket, "come in."

They walked in, hand in hand and dragging suitcases behind them, 

"Alright, ready to go?" Cricket asked with a wide grin. We nod and grab our bags, following them out the door. 

"Are you alright?" I whispered to Etienne,

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be alright?" he asks nervously. I sigh, 

"Okay..." I say and reach for his hand in his pocket which makes him freak out and his hand flies out from his pocket. He grabs my hand and smiles awkwardly. I sigh again and just grab his hand and follow Lola and Cricket to a taxi. Cricket is chatting happily to the cabbie and the slipping into the front seat on account of his long legs. Lola, Etienne and I take the back seat. Lola sits behind Cricket, me in the middle and Etienne on the end. Cricket chats to the cabbie and Lola talks to us happily all the way to the airport. I mainly ignore Lola and search for kisses from Etienne which he gladly, to my great joy, he returns.  

       After a while we reach the Airport and tumble out of the cab and Cricket pays the cabbie, brushing off Etienne even though he insists. I grab his hand and lug him into the airport. We wait for our flight while Lola makes us engage in a stupid game of  eye spy which consists mainly of old ladies sweaters and precautionary signs. After a long hour they finally call our flight and we board the plane smoothly and get to our seats. Etienne and I sit together and Lola and Cricket sit in front of us.  Etienne is happily talking about seeing Josh and his new girlfriend. I'm kind of worried about Josh, he hasn't really been talking to Etienne for a few months but I decide not to worry too much about him too much, I mean I barley know Josh, maybe this is normal for him... I don't know. Anyway a little later I just fall asleep until we start to land. Etienne shakes me awake and I groggily sit up. I yawn and peer out the window to see Paris, beautiful Paris.