Part 5: The Beach

The walk had only taken a few minutes, but Aeron felt like she had been with Georgie for hours. Had she? The thought was pushed away at the sight of the sand. The half moon sparkled on the water past it. "The beach?" she breathed out, but Georgie was already pulling off her shoes.

"Take your shoes off and come with me." Aeron obeyed, leaving her bag sitting with the flats she had been wearing. as they reached the edge of the water "Now, what do you see, young padawan."

Aeron ignored the star wars reference reasoning Georgie was drunk and stared out at the sea. She was overcome with a sense of calm as the water tickled her toes. "I see... the water."

"I see water too. And when I look at you I see the waves. You want to be the ocean? The ocean wants to be you- just look at it! It's crashing into the sand just to get you!" she laughed that deep laugh again. Aeron knew Georgie was only trying to make her feel better, but it felt... true. Georgie continued, "You should be so happy! The ocean wants to be you!" She beamed at Aeron, now facing her completely "Nobody wants to be your sister. Nobody wants to be your mom, or dad or brothers. Especially not the ocean! You've got 70% of the Earth wishing to be just like you!"

"I... the ocean?" she sniffled to Georgie, her face red from crying. She felt like a little girl, the same girl who was taught how to swim by her father when their whole family went to the beach for the day. She was ten, her sister thirteen, and the twins eight and a half. Her father had stayed near her, not letting her get scared of drowning because how could she when the water loved her. Her family loved her.

The blue haired girl put her hands on Aeron's shoulders, her smiling eyes were watery too. "The ocean." she said and pulled Aeron close. "The ocean."

The ocean.