Untitled Part 3

As Jenna stepped into the sorority house, which Aeron thought should be closed, she was swept away by a hurricane of 20-somethings and Aeron was left alone at the door. She made her way to a corner chair where she prepared to read. She had forgotten in her rush to get out the door, about the only difference of mingling at the two parties was that these children would be out of their minds intoxicated, the music stinking up the room would continue to be terrible, and she would still only learn useless things about, admittedly, slightly more interesting people.

So she sat planted in the corner reading for an hour until she finished her book.

When she finally looked up she realized a blue haired girl was staring at her from a yard away with a puzzled expression on her remarkable face. She chugged the last of her drink, set it down at a table and swaggered her way to a chair next to Aeron that the girl seemed to have conjured up.

"Hi. My name is Georgie. I need to know you." She stuck her calloused hand out expecting a handshake which struck Aeron as unusual for someone who looked so young.

Georgie didn't usually start with such a blunt line, but she couldn't really see that well in front of her and the girl seemed like somebody who wouldn't mind not going through the banal circling conversation she despised. The only thing trailing out of Aeron's mouth was a long, awkward 'uh' sound. "Alright, I'll repeat, what's your name?"

"Aeron" she squeaked out. She suddenly felt like she had been the kind of person to drink at one of these parties because all she could focus on was the blue haired Georgie person that was still staring at Aeron like she was saying something extremely interesting... was she? She couldn't hear anything except the pounding of something she thought was her heart, but was the music.

Georgie turned from Aeron to people crowding around them, the shoving, wiggling animal of a crowd. Aeron's breath escaped, happy to be rid of such a trapped body, and she realized she didn't want Georgie to look at her again, it made her too self conscious. With her eyes closed she faced the people while looking a thousand miles away. "You know, I'm from Oregon?" without waiting for a response she continued talking, "Yeah, most people are surprised that I came that far for such a mediocre school, but my dad went here and he never graduated so..." she abandoned her sentence on the deserted highway in her head. "I like you already, Aeron. I'm not usually this loopy. More like you when I'm sober... have you ever been drunk? It's great, but you're young so I'm just gonna say it's... an experience. an adventure." she laughed.

Her laugh sounded like it came from somewhere deep in her body. Her laugh was a wave crashing on rocks, Aeron's own giggle was only a gurgle of a stream in comparison. "You want to go outside? I'm getting sick of almost losing my voice trying to talk over this music."

Aeron nodded.

Georgie stood and meandered to the door. Aeron hadn't noticed how big the room or door was, but the house was a mansion. The door opened with the drag of a smoker and let in warm summer air.