Over the rainbow chapter 17

Chapter 17

Sabriel’s POV

I was nudged gently and I stirred from my slumber.

“The master would like to see you now.” Ivi said through gritted teeth.

“Ok I’ll go back to bed, so then you’ll get tortured to the fullest extent.”

“Doubt it, he wants you to wear this.” She handed me a long flowing black dress.

“I will leave you now.” I stuck my tongue out at her. She glared at me and stalked off. I pulled myself out of bed, brushed my hair and slipped into the black silk dress. It was pretty comfortable, long sleeves that trailed downward just barely touching the ground. It had a v-neck but wasn’t showy and hugged all my curves. I looked in the full length mirror and saw an exact replica of the me in Azurite’s painting, only the color was different. I covered my mouth at the shock it gave me. My legs almost gave out on me from the loneliness I felt.

“Are you ready?” I heard Ivi ask from outside.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” I answered, opening the door. I followed her down so many corridors I started to think this place was a maze. Soon we arrived in a large foyer. A crystal chandelier lit with hundreds of candles hung high above the white marble floor. An enormous staircase led up to the second floor. There were many thick oak doors around the room, leading deeper into this God forsaken place. Ivi stood there watching me take in the incredible artwork on the ceiling.

“If your done gawking can we go? I’m starving and I don’t want to keep my master waiting.”

“Fine…” I grumbled, trudging behind her. Soon we arrived in a large dining room. It was dimly lit by candlelight. Gothic much? The centerpiece of the room was an elongated table piled high with food. I looked from the feast to lay my eyes on the huge arched window that revealed the perishing world. If it had been beautiful once it would be in the full moon’s light. For the location of this place to be in the thick forest it gave an awesome view of the valley. But the view also showed this place to be a fortress, if I were to escape, my friends would need some elaborate plan to get me out of here.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” I heard a deep voice murmur behind me. An icy chill ran through my body, hitting my nerves to make me visibly shudder.

“No it’s awful.” I said, turning to see a boy of my age, dark brown hair curled around his neck, a bit above my height and well built. The only flaw that told me he wasn’t friendly was his piercing red eyes that made me jump back a couple feet.

“Who are you?” I asked, frightened.

“Your death.” He smirked.

Azurite’s POV

“This is never going to work….” I muttered.

“Come on dude have faith.” Darian said.

“Ok!” I said all peppy. “I have faith that this PLAN IS GOING TO FAIL!!!”

“Chill its going to be fine. If Sabriel saw you like this-” I cut him off.

“Fine? Because Sabriel isn’t here makes it NOT FINE!”

“Well if she saw you all paranoid you are right now she’d burst out laughing.” I grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him.

“I love her!!! You would be too if Lakota was in there!”

“Uh huh but at least I wouldn’t make it so obvious.” He pulled out of my grip. “I’m leaving.”

“Be careful.”