Over the rainbow chapter 15

Chapter 15

I heard a soft knock on the door. I shifted on the bed. I heard Azurite mumble something into his pillow, pulling it over his head.

“You know she’s not going to hear you if you talk into the pillow.” He just grunted as I got up to open the door.

“Yes?” I said quietly.

“Darian wants you to meet some people. They just arrived this morning.”

“But isn’t there some epic snowstorm outside?”

“Well they flew actually. They came to join our cause.”

“Oh we’ll be down in a minute.” I closed the door behind me. Azurite was still buried underneath the covers.

“Come on time to get up.” I heard a muffled no in response.

“All right you asked for it.” I said. He stirred peering through the covers, his dark blue eyes the only thing showing. I watched as they got wider when I took a running start and jumped onto the bed. I heard an oof! as he took my weight to his stomach.

“Ow…. What was that for?”

“To get you out of bed.”

“Well as you can see I can’t because your on top of me.” I scrunched my face up, realizing how that sounded. He chuckled. “Unless you want to be there.” I rushed off of him, hurriedly changing my clothes and brushing my hair. I ran out of that bedroom so fast I was out of breath when I reached downstairs. Five minutes later Azurite made his way casually down the stairs. We walked into the den to see Darian and two strangers. We sat settled ourselves on the opposing couch across from them, close to the fire.

“Oh great it’s these guys…” he muttered under his breath.

“Sabriel I would like you to meet Griffin and Angel.” Darian said, proudly.

“It’s nice to meet you.” I said. What was funny about these two was their names. Angel was a griffin. Her golden lioness head gave me a smug smile when I greeted her. She had beautiful feathered wings, green eyes and a powerful lion body. Technically I was still a little confused cause one griffin’s had a bird like front not a lion front.

“You don’t look like a griffin, your more like a cat with wings.”

“Finally someone understands.” She said and nudged me with her head.

And Griffin was an angel. He had flawless tan skin, soft silver wings and teal colored eyes. I swear if I stared too long at them they would shimmer and his gaze would shift to me. Even though they had strange names they fit their personality perfectly. Griffin was brave, proud and gentlemen like, while Angel was sweet and polite. I had no doubt they couldn’t fight because of the battle scars that showed on their visible skin.

“Well we have met you before don’t you remember?”

“No she has no memory of you guys or anything else in this world or then next.” Azurite cut in.

“So what have you been up to, Azurite? Trying to move on?” Angel cast him an evil glare. I noticed the tension in the room, I had no idea why it formed but it was getting to me.

“I have to find my necklace, it should restore my memories.”

“Your necklace? You mean the crescent moon one?”

“Yeah that’s it.”

“It’s been fought over so many times, I lost count but we are close to it. Darian should be able to find it, when the snowstorm stops.”