Chapter 1: What is a man, without...

"King Lindzei, we must depart now, afor all is lost." stated Lieutenant Jacquis.

"Are you entirely sure that this little 'adventure' is nothing more than a farce Jac? How are you so certain that this will even work?" replied the King nonchalantly, pouring more ale down his throat.

"You had you very own Seeres confirm it. Is that not enough your majesty?"

"No! Being that the last time it predicted something, I lost my wife."

'Maybe if you hadn't been found laying with another, and when she found out you had her executed.'

"I understand your Highness, but if she is wrong than that's all the more reason to make haste now, while we have some sort of time!"

"You raise you voice to me, naive. Remember what happened the last time?" he didn't just state, but said with venom in his soul.

"Yes my Lord."

"Good," with a wicked grin he said," Then be gone, I wish to think no more on this. Take your leave and be victorious... or else ..."

Jacquis didn't need to hear the end of that statement, for he knew how twisted his Majesty could truly be. He was a cruel King, and had brought nothing upon this once prestigious land but suffering and sorrow. Jac needed this journey, to perhaps take back the hands of time, and help the people in Shexurion.

"Ready the horses men, we leave at first light." Jac said with a strong voice.

"Yes sir!"

He respected all of his men, and they respected him. He was no better than them, and the same applied. He trained them hard and they were taught well, especially Nickoli. He was an exceptional warrior who would've, and had more than proven, laid down his life for any of these men. For the warriors believed in one important thing that stood above all else.

"I am no better than you, nor you to me.
For we shall both die side by side on the battlefield, where our souls will take flight and be free."

That was worth more than the gold in their pocket, or the amount of steal in there blade, for it was their word. A man's word is all you have at the end, and all that you can stay true to. For if a man doesn't have his word, he only owns lies and deciept.

"What preparations should we make Lieutenant?" questioned a small group of his men.

"We will be leaving for a land not like our own. There will be many difficulties and severe changes day to day in weather. Plenty of food is assumed, but pack whatever you think you might need, for even I know not what to expect on this journey."

His men gasped slightly, but enough to let him know that they understood. To elaborate in such severity that even he was uncertain of what might come, meant that even with all of their gifts and abilities, this would not simply be a Fight, Win situation. It would be more of a honing of their skills, stay on their toes, or become apart of nature.

"We understand." stated Nickoli, glancing back at the men who quietly nodded in agreeance.

"Then I will see you in the morrow. Rest well men." saluting them in the traditional warrior gesture.

'Great Goddess, what is to come...'