Chapter 7

Nicole's POV

"You are grinning like an idiot!" I got back to reality upon hearing those words. Jane then sat at the chair in front of me. "Tell me! You finally did it with Emilia?" Now she was the one grinning like an idiot.

"Sorry to disappoint but no. Nothing happened." I smiled at the memory. "We just slept."

"Seriously?" I nodded my head. "Then why do you look like you have won the lottery?"

"We just got some alone time... you know... more cuddling and kissing..." The old me would have taken Em by now but she's not like the other girls that I have dated. She's special. Also, her ordeal in the past might brought up bad memories if I went too fast. I made sure that she knew that I'm willing to wait for her no matter how long. "Let's change topic. How are you and Tin?" The mood suddenly changed and Jane's released a big sighed.

"We are good but it's getting a lot harder to hide our relationship." We all knew that Tin came from a very tight religious family and being a lesbian or gay was a sin. Tin told us about one of her uncle who was casted out and ridiculed when he came out. He became depressed and later on decided to kill himself. "We almost got caught last night. I knew spending the night with her was a bad idea but it's our day and I really just wanted to hold her.

"Why did you stay at their place and not in your apartment?"

"Her little sister is sick and her parents are away for a congregation so she was stuck baby sitting. Little did we know that one of her aunt was contacted by her parents to look after them. We were almost caught kissing if we haven't heard the car parking at the garage." That must have been very hard for them. To hide their relationship especially to family but hey, the hardest part of coming out was being accepted by your family. Heck, I came out to my friends before my own family. Also either one of them has officially came out to their respective family but I knew they have their suspicions because of me.

"Have you came out to your family yet?" She shook her head no. "Do you plan to?" She didn't reply in any kind. "It's going to be hard. I know, but sooner or later they are going to find out."

"I know. I love Tin. Us being together was not even in the plan. I didn't even know that we had a thing with each other. It just happened." Jane might be bisexual since all her past relationships were with guys but her longest relationship lasted barely half a year. Tin, being in a tight conservative family has not been in any relationship at all. She was forbidden to until she graduated from college. As far as their family knew, they were just friends. "We just really connected, then one day we just kissed and it's the best kiss that I ever had."

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm your best friend right?" Part of me was hurt because she hid this from me but part of me understood.

"I don't even know myself and you know, in case that I'm wrong I don't want to ruin my friendship with Tin. And I don't really want to split our group if everything turned up bad. You know Tony and Tin were also close."

"You just have to be more careful." I held her hand and looked directly at her eyes. "You're both my friends and I'm really happy for you. I'm happy for Tony and James too and I wonder when those two started to hook up. And I just wish Brad is okay." Looking around, I then noticed that he was missing. He was usually the first one on our table. "Where's Brad anyways?"

Jane shrugged. "I was about to ask you that but then I saw the stupid grin at your face and then I forgot. He's not in our class together so I thought he just ditched again. You know how he hate Mr. Romero's class."

"Paul, Paula's brother punched Brad yesterday when they met at the hospital and before you react, it's all good, it was Mitch. She got a flesh wound due to a gunshot and she's okay. She'll be released today, hence the privacy last night. Anyways. Brad took off after driving us home." Now I wish that I didn't let him drive at that state.

"Okay, let me sms him." I nodded at her and after about a minute, she got a reply. "He said that he's okay. Not to worry and will be ditching school for the rest of the day." Jane then suddenly laughed.

"Why!? What's freaking funny?"

"He also said not to worry coz he ain't letting strangers on his car." She laughed again.

"Come on... " Me helping strangers has been a running joke with my friends. It's a great lesson for all of us to be careful whom you help. "Next time, I'll just call 911."

"Hey!" Tin hugged Jane from behind and kissed her softly at her cheeks. You two seems happy today. "What did I miss?"

"Nothing much Tin, Jane and I are being stupid... is all." Jane smiled for changing the topic. I guess she doesn't want Tin to know what we talked about. "Same old... same old..."

"Hey guys! We brought Pizza!" Tony said while carrying a large box of pizza as he neared the table with James carrying packs of soft drinks and water. "Where's Em and Brad?"

"Brad's playing hooky." Tony and James must have thought that Brad's scoring somewhere but I knew otherwise. But hey, Brad being Brad... he might be. "Em's got some council duties."

"Oh... Then more for us." James exclaimed. "Let's eat! I'm starving!"

Emilia's POV

"Oh Emilia, just go in, the principal's waiting for you but he went out to get something. He'll be back soon." Helen, the principal's secretary told me as I entered the office. I nodded and gave my thanks.

Upon entering the principal's office, there's a lone figure standing looking around the books at the wall. He must have sensed my presence so he fixed his expensive looking coat and walked towards my direction. "The principal is quite busy today I guess."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know he's with a guess." I replied.

The stranger in front of me looked familiar. There's something about him that made the hairs at the back of my neck stood. He's sending a very scary and intimidating aura. But before I could realized what was happening, he was towering me. "Now I see why my little cousin was so smitten by you." He removed the stray hair from my face using his fingers while I stood frozen in place. "You are quite an exquisite specimen." His eyes showed no emotions at all and even if he's smiling at me, I could see the facade and it scared me.

Just who was this guy!

And then it was over. The next thing I knew, he was again checking the books at the bookcase at the far side of the room.

What just happened.

"So you are Emilia... " How did he know me? "Beautiful... just like how John described you." John? Does he mean John Avery? "I'm Lucas. Lucas Avery." This time, I watched him walked towards me and held a hand. I shook it but then he held on to it. "You may call me Luke." He added, not releasing my hand. He wasn't squeezing it but his grip was really creeping me out. Panic was starting to rise. He must have sensed my discomfort so he released my hands.

His presence weakened my knees, I can't even move even if I wanted too. The aura that this man was giving was unbelievable. He was full of self confidence and pride. I wonder what's he's doing here. 

My silent prayer was answered when the door opened revealing the principal. "Oh Emilia you're here. Hold on." He went towards his desk and handed me some folders. "I need you to take care of those." I nodded. "You may go now." Without a single word, I walked towards the door as if my life defended on it.

"So, to what do we owe the pleasure of your visit Mr. Avery?" The principal's tone was laced with venom as if the person in front of him was unwanted. But it's not my problem anymore. All I want to do now was find Nick and seek comfort from her.