Chapter 6

Nicole's POV

Everyone in the room was shocked on the events that just occurred. Paul just punched Brad then walked away. "What did just happened?" I managed to say.

"Nothing..." Brad barely whispered as he tried to get up while massaging his jaw.

"Hey Mitch! Isn't that illegal or something?" I asked as a helped Brad fixed himself up. "You ok bro?"

"Yeah I'm. Don't worry about it."

"So Mitch?" Turning my head back, I asked again.

"Well yes, your friend can file an assault charges on him. It's the law but"

"No it's okay." Brad cut in. "I think it's something to do with Paula." Now I remembered! Brad was dating Paul's little sister but as far as I know, their relationship's on the rocks. "It's okay... really... please just pretend that this did not happen and I know that he didn't punch me as a cop but as a brother. Let's not make a big deal about this."

"If you're sure... my lips are sealed." Mitch spoke. "He's my partner for a long time and I knew he wouldn't do something like that if it wasn't personal. Paul's a good cop and a great brother. Of you said that this got something to do his little sister then it must be serious. He raised her like she was his own child. It's not my story to tell but with their age gap and their parents wasn't really around. They only got each other."

"What's happening between you and Paula anyways?" I knew Brad so I know that this girl is different than most of his conquers.

"I really don't know. One day she just stopped communicating with me then she said to leave her alone. I have no idea what happened." Brad was practically trying to control his emotions and I could see him loosing the battle. He mist have really cared about this girl.

"Didn't you try to contact her?"

"You know I don't chase women." He deadpanned.

"Look bro, I know you feel something for this girl. I think it's time pull your head from your ass and swallow your pride to get some closure!  You need to talk to her." He just stared at shook his head. He's being as stubborn as ever. "Just think about it then."

"Let see... I don't know."

"It's been a long day and we still have class tomorrow. I appreciated your help for today but I think you need to rest and think." I don't want to sound like pushing him away but I strongly believe that he needed some alone time. It's not like everyday that I see him as vulnerable as this. Not since Karen. Oh boy Brad really loved that girl and she tore him to pieces. She was the reason why Brad never let himself fall for anyone but I think Paula got to him. Whatever their problem was, I hoped for the best.

"I'm off then." Paul replied dejectedly. "But I'm your ride. Would you all be okay?"

"Yes." I replied but Mitch thought otherwise.

"No." We all then looked at her. "You all go home and rest. As you can see, I'll live. I'll see you all at home."

"I'm staying and that's final." Natalie then gave her 'the look' which would likely close any kinds of argument. Even I was not immune to that look. "Nick and Em, you both go home. I think we have taken Mrs. Robinson's time too much for today and we all know that even if she's healthy, she's still old and needed some good rest. I'll stay with Mitch and will call you tomorrow."