Chapter 6 A Pocket Watch

Chapter 6

A Pocket Watch

Sarah's POV

Whilst walking back to my room I was lost in thought. Forgive him? Maybe he really had changed. He was regretting taking Toby. I hope what he says is true and not some trick. He can still hear my thoughts I need to stop.

When I looked down I realised I was playing with the pocket watch, tracing over the design of the labyrinth on its surface. Chourius of the time I looked inside. The watch was in roman numerals and was set out strangely, rather than have all the numbers around the edge of its circular face it had 3 rings. The outside ring has the roman numerals, I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI & XII.

(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12)

The next ring had, X, XX, XXX, XXXL & L. (10, 20, 30, 40 & 50)

And the final ring had, I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII & IX

(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9)

There were also two dots un the middle, the first one was lit and the second one was not.

The numerals V & XXX were lit up blue, the last ring was dark. Is I stared at it for a while. The last rings I numeral lit up, then a little later it went off and the II lit up. It's a binary watch. The outer ring is the hours and the two inner rings add together to make the minutes. The V, XXX, and the now lit up, III added to 05:33. The first dot in the middle must mean AM, and the dark dot mean PM. 05:33AM. Wow it was early. I smiled feeling a sense of achievement for figuring it out. I noticed there was another button on the inside of the watch. It was only small and I only noticed it as I was about to close the watch. I pressed it and the watch face flipped forwards with the lid. On the inside of the compartment there was some blue glowing text.

Jareth,

May this watch always help you

to be in the right place

at the right time

Your father

Allius

The Goblin King has let me borrow this even though it was from his father. Maybe I should put this away so I don't lose it. It was just looking up, but not in time to miss the goblin walking in front of me. I stumbled but somehow didn't fall.

"Oi, Why don't ya watch it"

I know that voice. I turn around. "HOGGLE!" He turns

"Sarah?" he hugs me. "What are you doing back here?"

"I don't know. It was an accident..."

We walk down the hall way, him filling me in on everything The Goblin King wouldn't tell me about the last six months. When I reached my room I couldn't hear anything from the room next door, which meant my parents were still asleep. I went in my room saying my goodbyes to Hoggle. I would have liked to talk longer, but I was in desperate need of a bath. He promised to visit later with Ludo and Sir Diddymous.

I sat by the bath looking at the pocket watch, reading the verse inside one more time before sinking bellow the water line.

Hi guys. I did have more planned for this chapter but I am currently watching labyrinth on T.V. I also wrote more about the pocket watch than I expected and I would like to keep all the chapters around the same length.

Thanks for reading

Labyrinth