1

It was raining that day.

No, scratch that. A full out storm is raging outside and it was the perfect weather to match Rose Weasley's mood.

Christmas break, days full of fun, jolly good times and family is what Rose Weasley would have experienced. It would have been a fun holiday yet, Scorpius Malfoy had to come along. She should have gotten used to this kind of thing happening since 1st year. It is not as if she despises him or something, it is just that she has a huge dislike on the blonde haired Slytherin.

Right now, Rose Weasley is stuck in the attic and yet, out of 7 billion people, she had to be stuck with bloody Scorpius Malfoy. Merlin knows she cannot handle the bloke ever since her 1st year.

It may seem that she is prejudiced but truth is, she does not despise him because his father was an ex-death eater in fact, the is another reason for her great dislike towards him. Her reason for her distaste for him is that no matter how hard she tries, he just seems to beat her. It is a petty reason to hate him, even her parents, Uncle Harry and aunt Ginny and everyone in her humongous family likes Scorpius Malfoy.

Moreover, she hates how he is beside her fast asleep.

Rose Weasley cannot help to notice how his lips parted when he is sleeping and how his eyebrows furrowed a little. She thought he looked like an angel, but she is never going to admit that to anyone.

Maybe she 'hated' him because she may have a teensy bit of crush on him, or something.

Maybe she should stop confusing herself towards her feelings on her cousin's best mate.

And maybe, she should distract herself from a certain Slytherin and think of ways to escape this not much of a hell hole.

________________________

The floor was hard and cold.

Looking back at the day, it was sunny. Too bad, it was just the calm before the storm, literally. Grandma Molly asked both he and Rose to clean up the attic to avoid another ghoul infestation, they were trap in it during a bloody storm.

Being away from his parents during Christmas break was a thing Scorpius Malfoy was used to. Sure, he loves his father despite his broken past and his mother's heavenly cooking but this was tradition. That and the fact that his grandfather, Lucius, would come to their home every holiday and continue to shove down his idiotic beliefs upon them.

Scorpius, despite being at the young age of fifteen, knows that his father was not weak and pathetic but instead, the strongest man he had ever known.

And despite what people say, his father will always be his hero.

Scorpius Malfoy carefully inspected his surroundings and caught a glimpse of red hair. His favorite shade of red. Rose Weasley, from his point of view, looked immaculate staring into the rain.

Ickle Scorpius never understood why the girl he likes hate him. He never did anything (he knew of) to make her feel the way she did towards him.

Rose, oh how he loves the way her name rolls off his tongue.

He loves how her eyes twinkle when she found something funny and he loves how her ears turns red when she is angry. He wants to connect the freckles in her face like constellations and he wants be the reason why she smiles.

He, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy wants to get near Rose Weasley without her getting away from him and maybe, just maybe, this whole ordeal is a blessing in disguise.

"Oh hello Malfoy, I guess you're awake then."

Snapping away from his musings, he just smiled at a certain red head.