IwaOi Part 9 - Graduation

One afternoon at the gym, they were on a break. Oikawa seated on the floor and leaned on the wall, their kohai's (underclass men) joined him and asked,

"Oikawa-san, what's your plan after graduation?"

Oikawa spaced out for a second, but he answered,

"I might study college at Tokyo, and start my College volleyball career in a powerhouse University, but I'm still not sure"
He looked at Iwaizumi on the other side of the court.

His kouhai approached Iwaizumi after he heard Oikawa's answer, he also asked Iwaizumi,
"Iwaizumi-san! What will you do after highschool?"

Iwaizumi looked at him with a straight face and answered seriously,

"I'm studying college in Osaka"

His Kohai said, "So you and Oikawa-san will go separate paths?"

Oikawa and Iwaizumi looked at each other.

Oikawa, despite the pain he felt when he heard Iwaizumi's plans, still kept his cool.

Iwaizumi said with a straight face,
"Well yeah, he needs to get used of a life without me"

Iwaizumi left the gym and went to the rest room, he locked himself inside a cubicle.

He punched the wall, cried silently. He wanted to show Oikawa that he doesn't care if they choose separate paths, so Oikawa can move on as quickly as he can.

Iwaizumi just wants Oikawa to be the best of him.
He knows how Oikawa was obsessed with volleyball.
He thinks if he will get in Oikawa's way, he wouldn't achieve his dream of becoming an athlete.
That is why Iwaizumi's pushing Oikawa away, even sacrificing his own happiness for him.

He loves Oikawa so much.

-----

Weeks passed, they didn't talk about where they are going after college. They didn't even mentioned a single word about it.

Until the day of their graduation came,

"Oikawa-san! Iwaizumi-san! Congratulations!"
All of their underclass men in the volley ball team greeted them after the graduation ceremony.

Kunimi and Kindaichi started to cry, "Thank you very much for being a good Captain and Vice Captain to us!"

As they were all saying farewell to each other.
Oikawa and Iwaizumi looked at each other.
They didn't say a word, but they can understand what they want to say, as if their hearts are talking to each other.

I hope to see you again..

-----

2 weeks after, at around 6pm.
Oikawa was staring outside the window of his room, and he saw something.

-----
(Iwaizumi's perspective)

"Please take care Hajime, study well and call me if you need something"
"Yes Mom, I'll call you as soon as I arrive there"

Iwaizumi walked his way to the bus stop. He's already far away from their house.
As he was calmly walking the silent road, someone yelled,

"Iwa-chan!"

He looked back and saw Oikawa chasing him. He stopped walking and Oikawa finally reached him. He was heavily catching his breath.

"Oi are you alright?

Oy?.."

Oikawa hugged him tightly, he cried on Iwaizumi's shoulder.

Iwaizumi hugged him back. He wanted the time to stop.

They both wanted to feel each others warmth for the longest time.

"Iwa-chan, I love you"

Iwaizumi said,
"I need to catch the bus ride. Take care of yourself. Stop being an idiot."

Iwaizumi left him standing there. Oikawa stared at Iwaizumi until his bus left with him inside.

As the bus left, Oikawa turned his back to go home.
His phone ringed.

He looked at his phone and he recieved a message.

"I love you too.

'Til we meet again.

- Iwaizumi"

(To be continued)