The Beginning of It All

Three years ago scientists wanted to bring the dead back to life. It sounds like an amazing experiment. Doesn't it? When in all actuality it wasn't. What scientists didn't know is that when something is dead it should stay dead.

Karkat Vantas happened to be in an internship at the time. He was helping with a cure. Karkat always wanted to be scientist like his grandfather. He was there the day the world was about to end. He never seen a awful creature like that, with there white eyes with no pupils and rotted brain. The creature ate the leader of the lab and then it spread.

Karkat was lucky enough to get out of there. Instead of getting the supplies he needed to make the cure, he made a run for it. He wanted to save his friends and family. He drove to his father's house, where his older brother Kankri lived, and also his father. Karkat banged on the door shouting for Kankri to get outside. "Kankri get your ass out here now!!" Kankri opened the front door with a concerned look. "Karkat is everything alright?" Karkat grabs Kankri's hand and he says "We need to go! Right now!" Kankri looks at his hand and looks back to his younger brother's face. He nods and let's go of Karkat's hand. Then he grabs his emergency bag that he always keeps at the front door.
Karkat runs to his car and looks back to see Kankri with a bag. Karkat questions his older brother. "What is that?" Kankri opens the car door and answers back to Karkat. "It's my emergency bag!" Karkat looks at him weirdly. "Just incase there is an emergency." He said and then gets into the car and closes the car door. Karkat gets into the car and starts it up. He hits the gas and drives to his father's work.