Two ~ The Manhattan Manslaughters

Start from the beginning

"You know what? No, I don't care, frankly, I'm not even surprised."

I smirked at her before she continued.

"You're appetite is gargantuan these days, more so than usual, not to mention, you've been vomiting these days. You've been moody lately for the past week or two and you're period has been over due for about the same amount of time as well."

Serena gasped as she slapped her hands over her mouth, her sea green eyes wide open in shock.

How the hell does she know my period schedule? I was more than a little freaked out.

Eyes darting around in confusion, my expression must have displayed how I was, clearly not, following Victoria.

The fight suddenly seemed to leave her as she rounded the corner and came and sat in front of me and grabbed my hands in hers.

"What's going on Rosalind?"

"Nothing is going on, Tori. I don't understand what you're trying to say."

She heaved out a heavy breath as she looked down at our hands. She was deliberately trying to avoid eye contact.

"You're not... pregnant are you?"

I leaped off the couch in utter shock, almost jumping six feet in the air.

"What? Where did that come from!" I squealed. If my jaw could drop to the floor, it would have crashed right through it.

Panicked, Tori stood up with me as she tried to calm me down again.

"I'm worried about you, Rosa! I'm sorry, but it's the only reason I can think of. You're a Witch so you can't get sick or anything, so I thought-"

"- You thought I was irresponsible enough to get knocked up." I accused.

How dare she think that? Has she forgotten already?

"What? No! I mean, what else am I suppose to think? If this isn't the case, then what is?"

"I don't know, okay? I don't! I'm as clueless as you are right now. Maybe I really am sick!"

"Witches can't get sick, you and I both know that!"

"Maybe I'm not a Witch then! I mean it's not like I have any powers that would indicate towards that. Maybe I'm human after all!" I throw my hands up in defeat.

That was not true; both of my parents were Praecantrix, it was impossible for myself not to be one.

"Why are you acting like that?" Tori asks, concerned.

"Acting like what?"

"Like this!" she gestures towards me. "So aggressive! This isn't like you, at all!"

"You're asking me if I'm pregnant when you know very well that I can't be! So, I'm sorry for getting a little angry, but this is how I always am!"

"No you're not."

This time, Serena spoke. I had forgotten she was even present. We both turn our heads to look at her getting up off the sofa and stand next to Tori.

"This isn't how you normally are. Tori's right, you're acting strange."

Suddenly a wave of anger hit me and right as I was about to blow, I stopped myself.

Since when did I start losing my temper so easily?

I had never been hot headed, I was always calm and in control of my emotions. I had made sure of that ever since...

I shook my head, not liking where my thoughts were headed. Maybe they were right. I was acting strange.