Prize

"He looked at me the wrong way. It's not a good idea to look at Tommy Shelby the wrong way."

Cillian Murphy as Thomas Shelby in Peaky Blinders [Series 1 Episode 2]

Ok, so I labeled this story mature for a reason. Right about now were going to get into some mature parts. I don't mean to offend anyone and you can stop reading this at anytime if you ever feel uncomfortable. But I want to realistically portray these characters, and sometimes that means being a little explicit.

Ok, just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Thanks for reading, though.

~

Toni awoke to someone casually slapping her face. She did not know who it was but they were not being gentle. They briefly hit her face several times before her eyes slowly fluttered open.

She was standing. Or, at least, she was not lying down. Her chin rested against her chest and was quite comfortable there.

Her feet were in full view but there were miraculously not touching the ground; only her toes were.

Noticing a soreness in her arms and wrists, she attempted to move them. She discovered that her wrists were tied above her head and they would not budge.

Her captors had tied her wrists together and secured her restraints to a low hanging pipe in the ceiling.

As Toni continued to regain consciousness, she became more and more aware of the ache in her wrists. The truth was, they were badly bruised. Her entire weight had rested on them for so long that they were even beginning to bleed.

Her thoughts were cut short when the slapping began again. It was more annoying than painful.

She moaned incoherently and began to lift up her head; attempting to discover who the hell was the cause of her discomfort.

"Princess is awake!" A man yelled, grinning directly into her face. He backed away and turned before walking from the room.

Toni moaned again and began attempting to form syllables.

"Wh..," she began, "where am I...?" she mumbled.

Suddenly, another, older man walked into the room. He looked like a gentleman due to his attire but Toni knew, because of the position he had her in, that he was not one.

"Where am I?" She asked again, directing her question to him.

"You are in a secure location, Mrs. Thomas Shelby," he said, pronouncing every syllable.

She felt too weak to answer so instead, she attempted to shift some of her weight onto her toes.

"I'm going to make sure you stay here until I get what I want," he moved closer and closer to her until they were eye to eye.

Roughly, he reached up and grabbed her wrist causing her to wince.

He began gripping her wrist tighter and tighter which made her cry in pain.

"You see...," he continued despite her cries, "your husband has made me very upset. And I don't like being upset," he increased his pressure, increasing her discomfort, "it makes me crazy." He finished, finally releasing her.

Toni dipped her head in relief, catching her breath.

"What do you want from me?" She asked, a tear falling from her cheek.

He lifted her chin with his fingertips until she was looking directly into his eyes.

"Its not you I want anything from...," he carefully said, "it's your husband."