Chapter 23: Love & Confusion

Start from the beginning

“I don’t know…I don’t know at all.” I said as I nervously ran my fingers through my hair.

***

“Well hello beautiful, how does it feel to be a single woman?” I asked Andy as she got in my car.

“Nerve wrecking.” She said as she let out a breath.

“What’s your problem?” I asked as I drove down the street.

“Well I was hoping that Michael would let me stay home today since we have a 2 hour assembly,” she said with a sigh.

“Why?” I asked.

“I really don’t want to see Rick, and for some reason I don’t think he’s going to take this break up as easy as Mark did.” She said as she leaned her head against the window.

“Oh you thought that was easy.” I said as I looked at her with wide eyes as we stopped at the red light.

“Well it seemed easy, since I made sure to stay as far away from as I possibly could…” she said with a nervous smile.

“Don’t worry babe, I’ll be right by your side the whole time.” I said as I pulled into the parking lot.

“Thanks Mase, I could always count on you.” She said as I parked the car.

We walked into school side by side with my arm around her waist.

“Chill Andy everything’s going to be fine.” I said before we walked into school and she nodded as she let out a deep breath.

As we got into school I looked around making sure the hallway was clear of Rick which it was, and then continued to walk with Andy into the auditorium.

“Andy, Mase, over here.” We heard Rob say.

We walked to the middle of the auditorium where Rob sat with Eric and Tom. When we finally took our seats I could feel Andy relax beside me.

“Told you it was going to be okay.” I whispered into her ear as the principal stood on the stage with 3 other woman.

Just as she was nodding her phone vibrated in her pocket. When she took it out she saw it was a text from Rick and looked at me nervously.

“What’s it say?” I whispered.

“It says we need to talk…” she said with a sigh.

“What’re you going to say?” I asked and she shrugged. I took her phone from her hands and responded to Rick’s text.

‘There’s nothing to talk about. -A’ I typed and hit send as Andy looked at me questioningly.

‘Yes, there is Andy. –R’ he responded.

“Just ignore him.” I said and she nodded as she put her phone in her pocket and kept her eyes focused on the stage.

“I can’t believe there actually talking about careers.” She said in a whisper.

“I know, time flies when you spent most of it in Paris.” I answered and she laughed.

I spent the rest of the assembly watching Andy listen intently to what the people were saying about planning for the future. I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she looked as she sat there so interested in what was being said

When the assembly was over I never left Andy’s side. I knew she was worried about seeing Rick and I knew why, he was clearly very persistent.

As we walked out of the auditorium into the hallway I could already see Rick waiting at the end of hall against the lockers.