Chapter 7

Sheth had been a great friend keeping me company whenever he could. I didn't see much of Thrace which was a good thing to me. He had certain values and opinions about the human world that I didn't agree with and always ended up arguing with him. I always enjoyed having a good argument but he was stuck on his opinions and left no room to understand that he could be wrong sometimes. Xavier was always busy somewhere but there were those rare times that we'd meet. And those rare times were one of the best. I saw more of what their powers were capable of and began to understand a few of their ways. Xavier was a man who respected his privacy and preferred not to show any emotion except when he was with Sheth and on fewer occasions, when he was with Thrace. You can't imagine my excitement when Sheth invited me to join them on a day they called the Day of Benevolence. There were administrators of various places of Mirari who brought up issues and gave advice although at the end Xavier's decision was final.

I watched at how his people treated him with respect and adoration. There was that lingering fear in those who approached him but then who wouldn't be. I was when I first met him. At times I felt like he couldn't harm a fly. It didn't last long till he proved me wrong because on that very Day of Benevolence, the King had an execution of 12 people, 3 of whom his council believed should have being pardoned. Somehow, the nickname "Benevolent Dictator" seemed perfect on Xavier because either way he was still going to do whatever he wished to.

I had been there for four days already as Xavier the Benevolent Dictator had agreed with himself that I stay till he found the Primbal. I wanted to ask him what the Primbal meant to him, why he was so obsessed with getting it but each time I met him all that courage just seeped out.

Till one evening when the servant who asked to assist me came to inform me of a trip we would have at dawn the next day. I could hardly believe my ears. I should have been excited about it because it would mean my freedom but I was far from jubilation. A few days ago I was sure I would have jumped at this opportunity but at that very moment it felt like the worst news I could have.

"I still do not remember anything so how are you going to find it?" I asked Xavier before our departure. There were horses around which were prepared for our quest for the Primbal and a few men were a bit distant from us but looked like they would be embarking on this journey with us.

"Sheth got around it somehow. He found out that you don't need to remember. Your powers although you aren't fully aware of them provide you certain advantages. You just need to put your mind to whatever you want to get. It's one of the perks of being a fairy."

"So you mean I've always known where it was?" I asked as though he had just spoken a language I do not understand.

"It's like this, when you agreed to show us the location of the Primbal a strange cloud appeared. Sheth noticed this but had no idea it was the solution we'd been looking for. I don't know if you already know, but Sheth has a hobby of sky gazing. " He said mounting his horse.

"I know a couple of people who do that too. The only difference is they don't conclude that a peculiarity up there serves as a map or...some sort of GPS."

"GPS? Never mind whatever that is. The point is, this is your ticket out so I'd say it's at least a chance for you to get back to your normal world". He added the last part with sarcasm.

"This is all superstitious nonsense!"

"Just because it's all new to you doesn't mean it's not real."

"Isn't Sheth joining us?" I asked when I noticed he wasn't around.

"He had to visit another realm. He should be back by the time we return. He'll probably return before you go back to your old life since I don't think he'd want to miss the chance to flash a harmless joke at me with you. I believe that's your favourite pastime."