Chapter 6

I barged into the room with the servant beside me trying to explain how hard she tried to stop me. There were three others with Xavier including Sheth. After having the servant leave he turned to me.

"I was going to send for you when I am done" he stated.

"I have questions that need clear answers".

"They can't wait?"

"No".

"Just tell me the truth, are we still on earth?" I asked him.

He gestured for the other man to leave with exception for Sheth and one other man. "We are in a different realm that's not visible to others."

"I don't understand".

"Have you ever thought of how things work on earth? How the plants grow, people claim they fell in love, people die, why some have good luck on one day and bad the next? Someone has to be behind it all."

"That's the way things happen, no one is in control of it."

"That's what your human friends are to believe but that isn't reality. Your human friends will call this supernatural powers even though many of them have never heard of us. I like to simply put it as been a little different with powers that control the elements where we remain in the background and do not interfere."

"And where do you fit in?"

"We are called the Guardians."

I nodded as I thought of a way to make this sound normal. "Like guardian angels?"

He nodded. "Seeing you are already here you might as well join us. Although I sincerely hope you wouldn't interrupt me again." Sheth let me use his chair as he stood up to pour us a drink. He handed mine to me. It may seem odd but I'd never tasted alcohol before. I'd heard it could make a person forget their problems and at a time like this it seemed to be the best remedy for me. But on second thoughts I feared getting drunk and finding myself unable to handle any of my problems. I needed to handle this situation with tact because I realised there was really no where to run and no one would look for me. For a moment my mind went to Alexander. I was glad Sheth said he wouldn't die from that fall but I wondered how long it would take Alex to get me out of here because he was my only hope left.

I glanced at Xavier's eyes making sure not to look for too long who knows what else he could do with those eyes. They were brown now. "This is Thrace here" he said gesturing towards the other man who was with us. He was a bit bulky with his hair in a pony tail, intimidating too with those eyes that looked like they could penetrate through a person's head. "And you already know Sheth. I want you take a careful look at this and tell me what you know of it".

"Do you recognise it?" Thrace spoke for the first time as he pushed a sheet of paper towards me with a drawing of what looked like a ball on a stand.

"I've never seen it before."

"Look again". He insisted.

I looked and told him, "I told you I've never seen this before or perhaps whoever drew this was terrible at drawing". The man scowled at me then looked at Xavier.

"Should it be this intense?" he asked Xavier.

"Her mind is completely wiped out. I told you she wouldn't remember anything." Sheth told them.

"Surely she has to remember something unless she isn't the one." Thrace said.

"I completely agree with you. This has to be a mistake. I'm a hundred percent sure you are looking for someone else, maybe someone who looks like me and have confused her to be me". I pitched in.