Ch.14: The Suitcase

Start from the beginning

Adelice got a bad feeling when she saw the look on Suzaku's face. These two didn't usually see eye to eye when it came to things being... lawful. They both had their own definition and were dead set on the idea. Nothing would ever change their thoughts about it. "The police may not be that effective right now but they could evoke change from within.", Suzaku answered back.

Adelice's eyes turned to Lelouch, who had she could see from behind his magazine rolling his eyes to Suzaku's comment. Her eyes fixed on the expression of his face. She could have sword she saw a cross of pure anger hit is face but as soon as it came it disappeared... perhaps she was just imagining things but still...

The air was as thick as fog, you could just about slice through it. "I need... to get some water.", Adelice said and quickly stood up from her chair, walking out of the room swiftly with both boys staring after her. Adelice quickly made her way down the hall away from the tense room. Why was Lelouch getting so defensive when Suzaku even hinted about The Black Knights or Zero?

She bit her bottom lip and crossed her arms over her chest. Now that she thought of it.. Lelouch had asked her what she had thought of Zero. She had found it to be a weird question but after being caught in that hotel situation it hadn't even registered in her mind.

Perhaps he thought that Zero's actions were all justified...but how could Lelouch ever think that after that man killed his half-brother. She knew Clovis wasn't perfect but still.. there wasn't any reason to kill him. After all, there were things that he did good as well. Her heart sank a little as she thought about Clovis.

---------------------- ------------------

Lelouch slowly scrolled the scroll-bar down to see more of the information on The Black Knights Membership files. Zero and The Black Knights were certainly making a buzz in the community, even the world. He had more and more members every day... whether he could trust them or not was a completely different story.

"Isn't it wonderful how the number of recruits keeps growing?, C.C. commented. "And it was simpler then I ever expected. While I bitterly hate the Britanians.. I don't condone terrorism." "Then basically elevens support The Black Knights for the most part.", she added. Lelouch nodded to her statement.

"Which in turn makes it easier for us to operate as a whole. It's a huge help that the people don't report our activities to the Britannians. Plus Kyoto has offered to send us some Knightmares. It seems the Japanese can't resist jumping on the band wagon.", he said with a slight smirk and he clicked through more applicants.

"So that's your plan then, is it? Avenge your mothers murder and protect the ones you love from Britannia.", she asked. Lelouch slowly nodded to her comment but didn't say yes or no. "I've been wondering about something Lelouch, why are you 'Lelouch'? You and your sister changed your family surname but not your first name. Why?"

Lelouch ignored her and clicked through the next applicant. "How interesting. You can't let go of the past or was it just to benefit your sister and protect her from the shame of having to hide your identity even further.", C.C. commented.

Lelouch closed his eyes a little, he was not even going to bother answering that question. "Why are you keeping it a secret?", C.C. asked looking out the window. "I plan on telling her.", he simply answered. "When?", C.C. pried.

Lelouch closed his eyes in annoyance. "The situation has to be handled carefully. I can't just come out and reveal my identity. I have to introduce Zero into her life slowly.", he answered, opening the internet browser window on his laptop. "Really? And Pointing a gun at her? Was that part of your 'slow' plan?"