Chapter 12: An Old Friend

Începe de la început

Lucy nodded.  "I hadn't realized it until now, but when I was trapped in the Endless Forest, that voice that was in my mind?  It kinda brought out my worst fear."

She laid her head back in her hands.  "Being a burden."

There was a small silence, but then Lucy shot her head back up.  "But, I don't think that anymore!  Not at all!  I know you guys would say the same, too, so..."

"Is that why've you been working so hard, Lucy?"  Happy asked, and Lucy nodded.

"I guess so."  Lucy replied, sighing afterwards.  "But there's also the fact of letting you down."

"Letting me down?"  Natsu asked, surprised.

"What if..the dragons aren't there?"  Lucy barely whispered.  "I wouldn't be able to look you, Wendy, or Gajeel in the eye--"

Her speach stopped as Natsu set a hand on her shoulder.  

"What're you talkin' about, Luce?  Even if they aren't there, I won't give up, neither will Wendy or Gajeel.  We wouldn't even be here without you, Lucy.  So don't worry; we're all here for you!"

Lucy's face softened, and she nodded.  "Right.  Thank you, Natsu.  I'll try my best; I have you and the others."

Natsu nodded.  "Yeah.  So don't be so glum!"

Lucy leaned against his shoulder, surprising him.  "Promise.  I'm all better now."

Natsu smiled, leaning against her to support half of the weight.

"I have a feeling though..."  Lucy replied, and Natsu looked down at her in surprise.  "A feeling something's going to happen when we get there."

"You really do worry too much."  Natsu replied, teasing her.  "Of course something is going to happen!  Whether or not we find Igneel, we're going to run into some trouble."

"That's Fairy Tail!"  Happy agreed, popping into existence on Lucy's shoulder.

Lucy looked at the two in surprise, but then she smiled and nodded.  "I believe that.  It seems you two get into the most trouble!"  She laughed.

Natsu rubbed the back of his head.  "Hey, we aren't that bad...."

Lucy rolled her eyes.  "Liar.  You know how bad you two are!"

"Hey, it's all of Fairy Tail!"  Natsu protested, determined to defend himself.

Lucy held back a smile.  "Right."

"Natsu, Lucy!  We need to get back before Erza throws us across the mountian!"  Happy exclaimed, lifting an arm into the air.

They stiffened.

"Right!"  Lucy replied, standing.  "Let's go then.  Now that I know we found the tunnels, I can sleep easier."

"Ah."  Natsu replied, grinning as he stood up.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"How are you here?!"  Gray exclaimed.

"Rose!"  Happy exclaimed.

"How can this be?  Lucy told us that you were lost in a different realm!"  Erza exclaimed, just as surprised as the others.

Rose smiled with amusement.  "Well hello to you all too."

"So this is Rose Valentine?"  Loren asked, and Lores appeared into step beside her.

Rose turned from the still-dumbfounded Fairy Tail members, and looked at Loren and Lores.  "I'm glad both of you are okay."

"I thought you two knew who Rose was."  Gray replied.