Dina14' "What're You Doing Here?"

Start from the beginning

Walking up these steps brought so many memories. Ah, those good times, before my husband started to be a prick and start cheating on me! I yelled in my head.

Those cute nights when his parents were gone and we'd stay up talking, leading to lustful nights.

Then back again to the damn pregnancy scare. And now here, with the real pregnancy and asshole of a soon-to-be ex-husband.

The door opened and it showed Ryann's dad. He knew about the baby well, both the parents did, I mean come on if I'm going to live here they should no why I'll be turning into a whale.

"Hey Alex, c'mon in." He said while waving his hand in.

I turned to my mom and hugged her, "Bye mom, drive safe." I said to her while pulling back from the hug. Mom had to get to work so she drove me here and now she's leaving.

"Bye babe, don't let him bring you down." She said giving me a look meaning Ryann.

"I won't.” I said.

:. THREE HOURS LATER .:

Dinner had then passed by, and Ryann was out; probably at some bar with her. Jenna was still at work. Leaving me with the receiving of death glares from Ryann’s oldest brother, Kodie along with a confused look from the youngest in the family, Maybelle.

She’s such a cutie. She’s nine years old, and a complete doll. Her only worries include if her mom can take her to her next Dance class and hopes to remember her time-tables off by heart for and up-coming math test.

I wish those were my only worries. Not if I can afford this months rent or if my first ultrasound is going to go bad.

There was a knock on the door of the guest room I was staying in just before Jenna came waltzing in with a BurgerKing bag in hand. “I hear you’re eating for two now,” she stated dryly, handing over the bag. “Figured I’d bring something home for you.”

“I’m so sorry Jen,” I sighed, taking the fast-food bag from her. “And can you please keep it down, I really don’t want anyone else knowing about it.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she hissed dropping down on the mattress as I as on the floor facing the TV.

The Halle’s were very rich. With TV’s in every room and state-of-the-arch kitchen appliances. There wasn’t a thing this family couldn’t afford.

Except one thing: they said from a very young age that they would never pay for their children’s schooling and that was all up to the child.

Leaving Jenna and Kodie still living at home.

“I am scared, Jen,” I whimpered. “Ry and I tried for years to be in this situation and have a baby. There was a part of me that never actually believed I was going to be a mommy,” I told her, as I tilted my head to get a better view of her. “Now here I am about to be a Mommy without a Daddy. And it break’s my heart.”

“Does he know?”

I shook my head, stiffly. “Mom and I talked about it, and we’re planning on waiting until I am really starting to show.”

She rolled her eyes. “You’re impossible Alexa Goldwin. Sometimes it’s not even funny. Why’re you even here?” she asked, as she got up to leave.

I knew she wasn’t trying to be mean. We’ve been Bestfriends since we were kids. Something like this doesn’t make her mad.

She was just utterly frustrated.

“One: the judge that is doing Ryann and I’s divorce, is making us ‘try’ to work it out. Two: Ryann sold our apartment, leaving me without a place to stay. Three: Because of my feinting history. I have been directed by the doctor to be stay with your mom, ‘cause she’s a nurse. Or be on bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy.”